Difference between the GTX 560 and GTX 560 Ti?

Nvidia just came out with the GTX 560, is there a difference between that and the GTX 560 Ti?

GTX560 Ti = GTX460

GTX560 = GTX460 SE

GTX560 Ti = 384 shader cores

GTX560 = 336 shader cores

:withstupid: Pretty much the best summary possible

GTX560 Ti = GTX460

GTX560 = GTX460 SE

GTX560 Ti = 384 shader cores

GTX560 = 336 shader cores

Leave it to Nvidia to just re-brand their items. They are totally cheating the customer.

Leave it to Nvidia to just re-brand their items. They are totally cheating the customer.

Well its a new core and all, so its not really rebranding. I was just putting it into a perspective of the previous generation graphics cards.

Although the GTX560 actually has the same number of shader cores as the GTX460, 336 cores. But that doesnt change that it is still the redesigned GPU in it. It ends up being pretty much the same thing as the 460 with higher stock clocks. According to the review here on OCC it has an equivalent OC potential as well. Luckily for us(the consumer) the true successor to the GTX460 is the GTX560 Ti, 384 shader cores, redesigned GPU core, overclocks like mad, and is an amazing card for its price.

How so? New core, same amount of Cuda cores and memory, higher clock speeds, refined process and at basically the same price point. What a rip off. Nothing like what AMD has done with the 6770 and 6750 eh! Re branding there with no repercussions and negative feedback. I swear people get locked into this name game and just cant see through the trees. Its an easy jump and all to often made well before any real concrete opinion is formed.

Well its a new core and all, so its not really rebranding. I was just putting it into a perspective of the previous generation graphics cards.

Although the GTX560 actually has the same number of shader cores as the GTX460, 336 cores. But that doesnt change that it is still the redesigned GPU in it. It ends up being pretty much the same thing as the 460 with higher stock clocks. According to the review here on OCC it has an equivalent OC potential as well. Luckily for us(the consumer) the true successor to the GTX460 is the GTX560 Ti, 384 shader cores, redesigned GPU core, overclocks like mad, and is an amazing card for its price.

New core = New GPU even if the Cuda core count stays the same.

How so? New core, same amount of Cuda cores and memory, higher clock speeds, refined process and at basically the same price point. What a rip off. Nothing like what AMD has done with the 6770 and 6750 eh! Re branding there with no repercussions and negative feedback. I swear people get locked into this name game and just cant see through the trees. Its an easy jump and all to often made well before any real concrete opinion is formed.

New core = New GPU even if the Cuda core count stays the same.

Yeah I wasn't trying to insult the card, but come on....it performs exactly like the 460, except now they can bump up the price because they changed one number. It has nearly the same power consumption too! Not enough better (or worse too) to be considered a big "improvement"