L.A. Noire

greengiant912

Anyone picking this up?

It is supposed to have some wicked face rendering via motion caption. It looks pretty good.

I read the review earlier today. Looks to be very good, a different take from Rockstar but a great game nonetheless. I'm picking it up tomorrow when I head into town, don't quite feel like doing a midnight release for it.

For the mo cap, every actor was digitally scanned into the game. Each NPC you meet, including your main character, is based on a real person. Everything on their face was captured, right down to the jaws clenching or lips twitching. During interrogation, you'll need to watch the person's face to see if they are lying or telling the truth. You can't just listen to the dialog because you can and will miss some vital visual clue to help you correctly tell if the person is lying or not. Should make for a very intense experience and nothing like any other games.

I'll get it when it comes to PC, any release date on that?

Could be ages, still no Red Dead Redemption PC version from Rockstar Games.

All signs point to nothing in the works for a PC/Mac version: http://www.ripten.com/2011/05/07/rockstar-has-no-plans-for-pc-version-of-la-noire-brycew/

Edited by Krazyxazn

For the mo cap, every actor was digitally scanned into the game. Each NPC you meet, including your main character, is based on a real person. Everything on their face was captured, right down to the jaws clenching or lips twitching. During interrogation, you'll need to watch the person's face to see if they are lying or telling the truth. You can't just listen to the dialog because you can and will miss some vital visual clue to help you correctly tell if the person is lying or not. Should make for a very intense experience and nothing like any other games.

From what I have seen its very similar to the technology James Cameron used on Avatar.

The reviews all point to it being a very interesting and innovative game.

I read the review earlier today. Looks to be very good, a different take from Rockstar but a great game nonetheless. I'm picking it up tomorrow when I head into town, don't quite feel like doing a midnight release for it.

it sounds like a very good game based on that review. im disappointed that you cant end up convicting the wrong person if you make the wrong choices. if you could that would be an exceptional game. it doesnt launch here til the 19th so theres still time to snag me a preorder discount. I'm still uncertain. i didn't have a great deal of fun with either GTA IV or Red Dead Redemption. They were very good games, but i didn't enjoy them as much as i did Vice city or San Andreas.

It surly is interesting. It really can be challenging to judge peoples expressions. I have failed at it a few times. I am starting to get better at reading them though. The game is much different then other Rockstar games in that it is mostly episodic in nature. You complete the case and you move onto the next episode.

Yeah, the final case as a regular cop threw me off a few times. I even had to do it over since I second guessed what I thought was a response when it really wasn't. So far though, I'm really digging it. The facial animation is insane how good it is, everything is captured perfectly.