• PS3
    • PSP
    • Xbox360
    • Wii
    • DS lite / DSi / DSiXL
    • 3DS
    • Other (ie Atari :) )
    • None

For the record, Xbox Live isn't perfect either. Around Christmas time in 2007, XBL was down for about two weeks or so due to a server strain. Wasn't a hack like the PSN, but saying Microsoft is infallible isn't accurate.

And where is the proof of these 34 people being compromised because of Sony? Why didn't they just cancel their debit/credit card that was linked to the PSN?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea bp, wasn't trying to say that Microsoft is perfect. Just that when it comes to user info, they have been responsible! I'm just having fun with the 34 people thing, but the CC info isn't the only thing that was stolen! Personal info, email addresses, ect... I have a few freinds who have had their inbox spammed, as well as their contacts spammed from their email. But, any Sony customer who's info was involved in this situation was comprimised in some way, even if nothing results from it, their info is still floating around out there!

I haven't received any more spam or anything than I usually do, be it snail mail or email. I changed any password that had the same email address for a log-in that PSN does. Canceled both my debit and credit cards so if the hackers did decide to use mine, they'd be worthless. There were 10 million CC numbers stored, and even if those were taken, it takes maybe 5 minutes to call up your bank (or go to it) and get the old cards canceled and new ones issued.

Old technology is the most reliable...

Hmmm. Not sure I can agree with that. I remember having to blow the dust out of the nes cartridges. Sometimes you had to get it in there just right for it to work too.

Anyways, I have a PS2, PSP, and a DS. But I don't play any of them. I played the PS2 the most and probably have less than 100 hours on it.

Yea, absolutely it only takes 5-10 minutes to change everything. I guess my point is more about a company not spending the $ necessary to prevent their customers from the hassle of spending that time. It has been reported that their network wasn't up to par when it comes to security and that they had not invested money into it for quite awhile. I'm no Xbox fanboy either, don't get me wrong. I only have it for my son and madden, I'm a PC gamer :cheers:

xbox 360, xbox, ps2, ps one, psx, gamecube, n64, snes, nes, sega dreamcast, sega genesis/ sega cd, gba, gameboy color, gameboy pocket, and regular old gameboy.

all of the systems work except my 360 for now, i need to get a new heatsink, i actually melted the heatpipe open somehow, i think it has something to do with halo.

now all i need to complete my old school collection is a couple different atari's, magnavox odyssey's, famicom, colecovision, a visual boy, and i guess you can call 3do old school,

Edited by camaro_dude15

Does mac classic count?

otherwise i have 2 atari 1040 (one e, one st), nes, ps2, a 486 laptop, sega mega drive, sega master system 1&2

oh a game boy advance and sega game gear also!

Edited by medbor