aaron6581230

Just a random idea

Has anyone thought of starting unboxing or review videos for OCC reviews? I distinctly remember this idea being brought up by someone else a while ago, but never coming to fruition.

I know OverclockersClub already has a youtube channel, but it only has videos of CES and other events.

Personally, I think it would give OCC a bit more personality in terms of the reviewers and people on the site. The videos don't even have to be too in-depth. Just a simple unboxing (reviewers have to unbox products anyway :P), going through features and specifications, followed by an 'after' shot with the product running (again, reviewers have to go through this anyway) and a brief summary of testing results. No need for graphs, charts, or others things that slow down the flow of the video. Plus, the formatting of written reviews won't have to be changed.

If my explanation is a little too...confusing, I suggest taking a look here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips?blend=1&ob=5

He does a great job showing off products, but never actually has to review them. He merely unboxes everything and sometimes gives a little demonstration for heatsinks and such. For OCC, having some kind of youtube presence may allow more people to be directed to our reviews.

I understand it is a bit more work to do videos, but it may go a long way to introducing more people to the site.

Just my little thought :). Tell me what you think.

The unboxing is done via photograph during the reviews, but I can see why this might be requested by users, or added at a later date in video format.

Edited by yuridude

The unboxing is done via photograph during the reviews, but I can see why this might be requested by users, or added at a later date in video format.

I see what you mean, but you can show so much more with an actual person demonstrating features. For example, showing off tool-less features on cases.

I see what your saying. Just replace the pics with a video of the unboxing.

Has anyone thought of starting unboxing or review videos for OCC reviews? I distinctly remember this idea being brought up by someone else a while ago, but never coming to fruition.

I know OverclockersClub already has a youtube channel, but it only has videos of CES and other events.

Personally, I think it would give OCC a bit more personality in terms of the reviewers and people on the site. The videos don't even have to be too in-depth. Just a simple unboxing (reviewers have to unbox products anyway tongue.gif), going through features and specifications, followed by an 'after' shot with the product running (again, reviewers have to go through this anyway) and a brief summary of testing results. No need for graphs, charts, or others things that slow down the flow of the video. Plus, the formatting of written reviews won't have to be changed.

If my explanation is a little too...confusing, I suggest taking a look here:

http://www.youtube.c...ps?blend=1&ob=5

He does a great job showing off products, but never actually has to review them. He merely unboxes everything and sometimes gives a little demonstration for heatsinks and such. For OCC, having some kind of youtube presence may allow more people to be directed to our reviews.

I understand it is a bit more work to do videos, but it may go a long way to introducing more people to the site.

Just my little thought smile.gif. Tell me what you think.

Im not going to lie, linus tech tips is my favorite you tube channel, but i dont know if occ can compete with him, he frequently puts up 3 or more unboxings and reviews a day, with the exeption of these 2 weeks, as he went on vacation, i think its part of his job, he works for ncix. we should get him to join our forum, lol

yeah Ive seen this video, its pretty funny, unfortunately thats how a lot of unboxing videos consist of, just not that exaggerated

it could be our reviewers are ugly enuff to break the camera if they happen to be in front of it :evilgrin:

it could be our reviewers are ugly enuff to break the camera if they happen to be in front of it :evilgrin:

:rofl::snap:

Here's to hiring some supermodels to be reviewers!

I have to pick on the reviewers and news guys for some reason so ty for a reason :lol: