Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

WhenKittensATK

Depending on reviews, I might buy it. I'll be honest, IW, as much as I hate their freaking guts, makes better COD games than Treyarch. What I dislike is that they used VAC for bans, and then the VAC terms changed, and a certain someone who may or may not be me got banned for using a gun texture pack......

It's important that they ban people using custom texture packs, otherwise they couldn't sell you a new texture pack for $60 next year. :P

Textures/skins can be easily abused as shown in Valve games and one of the CoD games (can't remember which).

Bright Red/Blue player skins for each team. Transparent walls. All for the love of customization that people abuse and that can't be fixed other than by enforcing default materials (undetectable by anti-cheats).

Every CS:S server I play on that found players cheating with such things enforce sv_pure 1 :D

Edited by Krazyxazn

still haven't played mw2 as activision still has the Australian steam price at $90USD. until MW2 hits the $10 mark i wont even consider MW3.

every business decision Activision makes i despise. how long can they continue to pump out clones year after year before sales begin to decline? i honestly give the COD series max 3-4 more years before they fall the same way as tony hawk and guitar hero.

IMO EA handles their IP far better. when you look at the battlefield series their major games are every ~2 years (excluding free to play games, expansions and XBLA / PSN). Compare that to Activision where MW3 will be the 4th COD game (and 2nd direct sequel) since COD4, which was only released in 2007.

Edit: grammar

Edited by bilcliff

still haven't played mw2 as activision still has the Australian steam price at $90USD. until MW2 hits the $10 mark i wont even consider MW3.

We anxiously await your opinon on MW2 in 10 years. :P

Seriously it took took them about 4 years to drop the price of COD4 to $30. Most games make the drop from $50 or $30 in about 6 months - a year, but not call of duty, it's far too fancy for all that normal stuff. I guess you can't really expect much out of the company that has World of Warcraft under it's line up though.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about all of this is that MW3 won't really have a very good campaign most likely. I mean IW is pretty much out of the picture now so they're they're probably just rewriting the whole thing at this point. I can't remember who is supposed to take over the MW series though, I think the name was something like HammerHead or something with Hammer I think.

Blizzard is worst at dropping prices of their games. Best Buy still lists Starcraft 2 for $60. Battlechest packs cost like $30 still (Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft).

You could get MW2 and Black Ops fairly cheap when a week after they launched from people reselling console games to deals online. As for CoD 4, no idea I preordered it.

Edited by Krazyxazn

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet! I really liked MW2 the first few weeks. Then everyone learned the "harrier-chopper gunner-nuke with noobtubes" type of gameplay and it pretty much ruined it along with the hackers. Nowadays it's pretty much unplayable, at least on the PC.

Black ops didn't add so much but at least it's enjoyable to play since it's very balanced.

I doubt MW3 will bring much more to the table but as long as they bring

-dedicated servers

-balanced gameplay

I will be happy :)

I doubt this game will be taken seriously as BF3 comes out at the same time..

On a completely different form I would like to just say that I am really annoyed at ignorant people just saying how cod is the worst game ever etc. and praising battlefield for its revolutionary gameplay and mature audience.. Luckily here really noone speaks like that (excepts ballist1x/ballsax/whatever he is called) so that is at least a relief..

The only thing I really am annoyed over is that they don't release mod tools. Me and my friends have to go back all the way to COD5 to play modded zombie maps. It shouldn't be like that.

I don't know if anyone of you heard but RAGE, a upcoming shooter, has mod tools available at launch. THAT is how you should do it.

Regarding the price, I guess I am really lucky, since in Finland you can order games taxfree so I get MW3 for ~36€

Edited by Jump4h

Why is it that noone ever mentions MW1? People were all fascinated by MW2, but that's where the MW franchise started to fail, if you ask me.

The classic commando, sprint, and marathon made it way to easy to get knife kills. Throw in the g18 and you have the cookiecutter combo for easy kills. Plus the killstreak are too OP.

MW1 had privately owned servers, meaning you could play with someone you knew or at least on a server enforcing certain rules you liked.

MW1, imo, required so much more skills, since there was only the standard kill streaks and not overpowered perks combo. I've seen many pro matches, where not 2 people had the same perk combo.

The hardcore more was awesomely balanced, making it possible for a newbie to survive with a little bit of skill and luck, while still making the real good guys stand out.

I apologize for the degradation of MW2, if you really like that game. I just felt I had to let go of some steam.

-Ecofriendly

On a completely different form I would like to just say that I am really annoyed at ignorant people just saying how cod is the worst game ever etc. and praising battlefield for its revolutionary gameplay and mature audience.. Luckily here really noone speaks like that (excepts ballist1x/ballsax/whatever he is called) so that is at least a relief..

I prefer BFBC2 but MW Black Ops is fun in it's own way. Can't compare the two IMHO as they're two completely different games with different styles of play. I'm tired of hearing the comparisons as well. I enjoy both.