WhenKittensATK

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

I saw one of the MW3 single player demos through Lower Manhattan. The gameplay was smooth as always, they are always shooting for 60 FPS on consoles which is always a good thing to shoot for. IDK how smooth BF3 will run on a console, most demos of it are done from the PC.

I did like how smooth transitioning from your two sight attachment was. Other than it was pretty much what you would expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxDQ2Ow-VfI

lmao! Attack Dogs with Explosives. Next we will see dolphins with lasers mounted on their heads :D

Ooo... Riot Shields, liked using those in CS 1.6 and Rainbow Six Vegas.

They even added that fold out gun and the new anti-tank/anti-personnel mine.

Edited by Krazyxazn

lmao! Attack Dogs with Explosives. Next we will see dolphins with lasers mounted on their heads :D

- I didn't see the dogs but I also had to watch the video muted.

Ooo... Riot Shields, liked using those in CS 1.6 and Rainbow Six Vegas.

- Not the first edition with Riot Shields - MW2 had 'em

Glad they brought back Spec OPS - by far one of the funnest game modes to play with friends. The sole reason I got back into playing MW2 again was because my friend and I played Spec OPS last time I hosted a party.

MW3 gets Dedicated Servers

Once again what is with these developers only releasing features only on the PC, put them on consoles too.

Yes! Modern Warfare 3 on PC will support dedicated servers, day 1. You can fav or admin your own to control setup, rules, bans. #MW3 #PC

http://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/status/103858062640693248

Edited by Krazyxazn

MW3 gets Dedicated Servers

Once again what is with these developers only releasing features only on the PC, put them on consoles too.

Okay, I'm fairly on board with MW3 now. Dedicated server support has me wanting to return. And I'll admit... I do miss MW2, it's MP is just a better experience than BOPS

What's the point of dedicated servers when they aren't going to be using anything that requires dedicated servers? Like mods and large numbers of players.

What's the point of dedicated servers when they aren't going to be using anything that requires dedicated servers? Like mods and large numbers of players.

Server stability, no host advantage, admin support to remove hackers or other unwanted players, and the list goes on.

No dedicated servers = no community. I play on the same TF2 and CSS servers all the time, I know the people on there and enjoy playing with them even though they are all totally random strangers. You don't get that with matchmaking only games.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Server stability, no host advantage, admin support to remove hackers or other unwanted players, and the list goes on.

No dedicated servers = no community. I play on the same TF2 and CSS servers all the time, I know the people on there and enjoy playing with them even though they are all totally random strangers. You don't get that with matchmaking only games.

I guess that's true, I didn't really think about that since I don't do the whole clan thing with gaming.

not to mention the low pings. If you aren't a host in mw2, a "good" ping is 100-120. That means full bars. A proper ping is 50-60, for me at least.

Edited by Jump4h

not to mention the low pings. If you aren't a host in mw2, a "good" ping is 100-120. That means full bars. A proper ping is 50-60, for me at least.

This is one of the more vital points.

In matchmaking you will pretty much NEVER get sub 100 pings. Dedicated servers run on more potent connections and allow you to locate ones in your general area, both equating to low pings.

I'm really feeling good about MW3 - the graphics might not be changed for the most part but it seems like they really want to build upon the good points of MW2 and trash the foul ones.