WhenKittensATK

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

MW2 i guess are for people who love the spawning system...

BC2 has some strategy and team playing needs to be done to win..

The spawning system in BFBC2 isn't much better really, unless you're playing on a server that actually protects that zone. I don't even bother with servers that don't have the bases protected, ends up being a massive baserape every single time, and it still happens on servers with the protection as well.

I hope it is better than that trash called Black Ops. I stopped playing that game months ago. Can't stand it. I just like MW2 better. Its a matter of opinion. I doubt BF3 will overturn MW3. Modern Warfare series is just too different. They cater to different types of players.

I don't necessarily agree with that. FPS players are FPS players. Sure there is rivalry among EA vs Activision FPS games but in the end everyone seems to play them all. Even those who spew hate toward the other have seem to have played both sides. Most of the annoying MW players have moved on to BC2.

BC2 players keep touting "team play" but outside of being on the same team as some OCC members I have yet to see anything that even remotely resembles team play in BC2. It's the same people doing the same thing - lone wolfing it. In BC2 you have the people who perch on a hill sniping spawn points. You have another group of people who hop in a tank and charge right into the enemy, get blown up and do it over and over, then you have the tank drivers who perch on a hill raining hell till a Scout C4s them up. Then you have the noob tube/rocket launcher crowd. A couple more snipers. A select assault class, maybe a medic and the guy who runs to every building mounted rocket launcher / machine gun he can find.

I play both and I honestly see absolutely NO difference in the players of MW and BC2. The games may play differently but the people do not.

I have seen people pull out some wicked team strats in MW2 that made playing with them a complete joy and playing against a complete nightmare. It's not that the game doesn't reward teamplay. It just does not have as many tools to enhance teamplay as BC2 does, but the problem is the people. Most people who play FPS wanna rambo it. Now that is what I see with the popular FPS games. I have not played games like Red Orchestra 2.

I don't necessarily agree with that. FPS players are FPS players. Sure there is rivalry among EA vs Activision FPS games but in the end everyone seems to play them all. Even those who spew hate toward the other have seem to have played both sides. Most of the annoying MW players have moved on to BC2.

BC2 players keep touting "team play" but outside of being on the same team as some OCC members I have yet to see anything that even remotely resembles team play in BC2. It's the same people doing the same thing - lone wolfing it. In BC2 you have the people who perch on a hill sniping spawn points. You have another group of people who hop in a tank and charge right into the enemy, get blown up and do it over and over, then you have the tank drivers who perch on a hill raining hell till a Scout C4s them up. Then you have the noob tube/rocket launcher crowd. A couple more snipers. A select assault class, maybe a medic and the guy who runs to every building mounted rocket launcher / machine gun he can find.

I play both and I honestly see absolutely NO difference in the players of MW and BC2. The games may play differently but the people do not.

I have seen people pull out some wicked team strats in MW2 that made playing with them a complete joy and playing against a complete nightmare. It's not that the game doesn't reward teamplay. It just does not have as many tools to enhance teamplay as BC2 does, but the problem is the people. Most people who play FPS wanna rambo it. Now that is what I see with the popular FPS games. I have not played games like Red Orchestra 2.

My short experience with BC2 was getting ran over or sniped when I spawned. I wasn't on a "team" so that may have been part of my issue with it. I guess when I get accustomed to something I get comfortable with it.

Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops Details

The Spec Ops mode in the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 will feature a new progressive ranking system, online matchmaking system and leaderboards.

A new Survival Mode was also detailed, taking place on Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer maps. Players will fend off never-ending waves of enemies, including attack dogs, suicide bomber dogs, and eventually kamikaze soldiers.

"You definitely have to change up your strategy as the enemy changes up," Robert Bowling of Infinity Ward told USA Today.

"Obviously how you fight the kamikaze dudes is different from how you fight the normal dudes and how you fight a dog is different from a dude and how you fight juggernauts, they are not only big and armored, so they will just brute force come at you. But they each have their own way of being taken out effectively."

Modern Warfare 3 will release worldwide on November 8, 2011

QA with Fourzerotwo

I know Red Orchestra does this with Sniper Scopes and Ironsights. Nice to see other games offering it too. MW3 will be the 2nd game that offers this, that I know of.

@t_pain3 - What does dual scope mean? #mw3

402 - Its the ability for you to have two scopes (close range optic & long range optic) that you can flip up and back on the fly in #MW3

Now you can use your Acog 4x for medium range and then Red Dots for close range :D However will this feature take up a perk slot, I have a feeling it will like Warlord :(

Edited by Krazyxazn

QA with Fourzerotwo

I know Red Orchestra does this with Sniper Scopes and Ironsights. Nice to see other games offering it too. MW3 will be the 2nd game that offers this, that I know of.

Now you can use your Acog 4x for medium range and then Red Dots for close range :D However will this feature take up a perk slot, I have a feeling it will like Warlord :(

I played a game recently with a similar feature to this, game was SAS Secure Tomorrow, one of those small City Interactive kind of games. In the game there were times you had to change your M4 into a sniper rifle basically, and it would actually show your character changing all the parts by removing the Red Dot Sight and mount a Sniper Scope and adding a Suppressor and changing it to semi-auto. I was kind of surprised by this because it's such a small game and not so good of a game but it had this feature that I've never seen any other FPS do really.

Also, I know games like Crysis allow you to change parts of weapons but it doesn't actually perform it, it just does it like it's magic. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOb4cYHLeew

Call of Duty Elite service (Free to all, except some features require a Paid Membership)

It's a big social networking hub (think Steam features but more specialized for CoD games).

Stat Tracking

Live Feeds

Game Tips

Groups

Clans

Leagues / Prizes

Closed Beta Signup

Edited by Krazyxazn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOb4cYHLeew

Call of Duty Elite service (Free to all, except some features require a Paid Membership)

It's a big social networking hub (think Steam features but more specialized for CoD games).

Stat Tracking

Live Feeds

Game Tips

Groups

Clans

Leagues / Prizes

Closed Beta Signup

I don't really care about anything else, but that leagues thing really intrigued me. I've played some ESL but that often really requires a lot of time, which I do not have. If you simply can challenge someone and the service automatically recognizes the victory/loss I might actually pay for it. It will probably be something like 5€/ month, so I doubt so many people will be buying it.

Edited by Jump4h

No dedicated Servers...

http://kotaku.com/5805959/the-modern-warfare-3-files-team-perks-no-nukes-new-killstreaks

for the price of the game, that has the above mentioned perks and the same engine is not worth it... those perks can be included in the mw2 easily.. They had 2 years and all they come up with the elite service and thse perks?? bah I am done with this game..

This game really needs consistency. MW and WaW had them. MW2 removed it. Black Ops returned with it. MW3 won't have it.

That completely turned me off.. No dedicated servers means hosting on local computers which means hacking on the PC which can't be stopped by IW.

The lag isn't that negative for me as I nearly always host (benefit of a good internet) but still dedicated servers would be so much better.

This game keeps disappointing me more and more.. I'll still buy it though, the spec ops in MW2 was awesome and the co-op here should too.

no dedicated servers.... ffs....

That was what stopped me playing MW2. Matching making with 3 friends who wanted to play FFA was just not possible.

Half the time when we succumbed and played TDM, it would find a server with 2 slots, join 2 of us in, while the other 2 sit at menu with an error!

GREAT!

That was "fixed" in Black Ops, cause we just picked a server and went. I still couldn't host my own server on MY box here, like I do L4D2 and use to do all the time for MW. This ment me and my pals could play undisturbed.

No way I will buy this game without dedicated servers. The amount of time I spent on MW2 waiting to match make into a game was just unreal. Then half the time you ended up on a map you didnt want to play