Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

WhenKittensATK

I'm not really impressed by that trailer.. Seems to me it will be the same as before. Which in it it self is good, I guess. No one really expected anything groundbreaking..

They just better add some co-op like they did in MW2.

Edited by Jump4h

I'm not really impressed by that trailer.. Seems to me it will be the same as before. Which in it it self is good, I guess. No one really expected anything groundbreaking..

They just better add some co-op like they did in MW2.

Well it is only SP footage. Just like BF3, show me MP :D

Cheers if they let us play special forces from other countries. Boring playing only US units or US + foreign units.

Games like Point of Existence 2 mod for BF2, really made it interesting. Germany vs Ukraine.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Granted my only xp with the CoD series is with MW2, BLOPS, and a couple hours of CoD4 ...but from what I have played I will say I don't like Treyarch's MP at all. If you cut out the over powered killstreaks and 1 or 2 perks I would say MW2 had an awesome MP. The maps were better, the guns were better, the controls were smoother. I could forgive the OP stuff for smoother gameplay. It just meant i had to be better than the other guy and shoot stuff out of the sky. Crappy maps, horrible guns, and controls that reward random spraying versus actually aiming I can't forgive. That's just crap.

The BF3 trailer got me excited to play an FPS again. :woot:

This trailer... eh, not so much! :nyea:

I can't say i like IW as a company, but with their 2 big wigs gone taking a lot of the knowledge base with them pretty much means they will have to do something amazing to regain fan support. I will continue to watch the game as it matures and if it looks promising and a bunch of friends buy it I may try one more CoD game. (That is 2 hard requirements - I normally don't make "friends buying it" a condition on me buying a game) But BLOPS made me realize I just don't care enough about this franchise to put up with mediocrity.

I did care about MW3 but as soon as I saw the newest trailer, it looks like Modern Warfare just with a different skin... For example a RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) "race" in New York Harbor - final level? also a Pickup truck side by side a subway... airfield mission in MW2. Either way GoW3 FTW for me this fall.

I don't see anything new in the trailer.. It is same as MW2 .. only difference is they included destruction. How is it possible? it is not even a new engine since it still uses Quake...

I am done with the game..

I don't see anything new in the trailer.. It is same as MW2 .. only difference is they included destruction. How is it possible? it is not even a new engine since it still uses Quake...

I am done with the game..

Games sometimes use scripted destruction, even though they may not use real-time destruction. It's been around for a long time.

So much hate in this thread already :P

Edited by Krazyxazn

Games sometimes use scripted destruction, even though they may not use real-time destruction. It's been around for a long time.

So much hate in this thread already :P

Isn't it a bit deserving of the hate by now though? Not like it matters how much we hate it, it's still going to sell extremely well, just like how Battlefield 3 will even though they have a trademark for making buggy games. :lol:

.... just like how Battlefield 3 will even though they have a trademark for making buggy games. :lol:

Red Orchestra 2........... is where the real gamers play :P No hold down trigger = kill, muhahaha. At least in RO1, RO2 has a lot less recoil (realistic vs RO1 over-exaggerated recoil).

Indie Developer

PC Exclusive

Dedicated Servers

Up to 64 Players

SDK @ launch

3-4 Mods already in production before the game is even released!!!

A ton of improvements from RO 1

Persistence ranking and stats

Weapon customization (on authentic, not CoD: WaW style)

Authentic and close to realism gameplay

Edited by Krazyxazn

Red Orchestra 2........... is where the real gamers play :P No hold down trigger = kill, muhahaha. At least in RO1, RO2 has a lot less recoil (realistic vs RO1 over-exaggerated recoil).

Indie Developer

PC Exclusive

Dedicated Servers

Up to 64 Players

SDK @ launch

3-4 Mods already in production before the game is even released!!!

A ton of improvements from RO 1

Persistence ranking and stats

Weapon customization (on authentic, not CoD: WaW style)

Authentic and close to realism gameplay

I might give RO2 a try eventually but my experiences with RO1 aren't best, controls and movement just felt clunky and unrealistic.

Edit: By the way, when I said that thing about BF3, I meant that as both an insult and compliment as I am probably one of the people that will get BF3 even though BFBC2 is the way it is.

Edited by Deathmineral

I hope it is better than that trash called Black Ops. I stopped playing that game months ago. Can't stand it. I just like MW2 better. Its a matter of opinion. I doubt BF3 will overturn MW3. Modern Warfare series is just too different. They cater to different types of players.

I hope it is better than that trash called Black Ops. I stopped playing that game months ago. Can't stand it. I just like MW2 better. Its a matter of opinion. I doubt BF3 will overturn MW3. Modern Warfare series is just too different. They cater to different types of players.

It's not that different, the majority of the time I get killed in BFBC2 is by grenade launchers or rocket launchers, it's pretty much the same thing except battlefield games have vehicles and classes.

Edit: actually that's not completely true either, Call of Duty United Offensive had vehicles in it, but I don't think Activision wanted to go in dangerous waters or be experimental with their cash cow so they just reskin the same games and resell them.

Edited by Deathmineral