wormy

PCMARK 7 Scores

Finally bothered to install and run it.

Stock - 3168

might run again with things overclocked

This bench likes ssd's because you killed most of my scores but the file system part, and that is where mine shined

Edited by wormy

This bench likes ssd's because you killed most of my scores but the file system part, and that is where mine shined

Yep unfortunately only a cav black 500gb as primary drive not even in raid :lol:

Let's see how much I can make up with an overclock tho :evilgrin:

I got 2629.

Core i3 2100

2x4gb ddr3 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX

gts 450 1gb with a bit of an overclock at 900/1800/4000

win7 64 bit

640 gb Western Digital HDD

Dudy do you have a link to the score on the pcmark site?

OK guys, you obviously know what you are doing, I am not so shure if I do, too. I could need some HELP!

Because of some trouble I lately had with my pc, I was searching for some test to find out what might be wrong with it. I found PCMark7 and did 2 tests. The first result was 352 (funny, I know) and the second 347!!!!! (even more funny)

My Scores

My system is not that bad but something is not quite right. I have several shutdowns a day. sometimes 2, sometimes 5, sometimes 10 and sometimes none. There is no scheme. It happens under heavy use or very low use. It always freezes the screen (no bluescreen) and I have to restart the hard way. I already bought a new GPU but that does not change a thing.

Can anyone of you have a look at my score details and let me know if you can see something that might be wrong with my system. Any idea could help me.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Edited by markimark

OK guys, you obviously know what you are doing, I am not so shure if I do, too. I could need some HELP!

Because of some trouble I lately had with my pc, I was searching for some test to find out what might be wrong with it. I found PCMark7 and did 2 tests. The first result was 352 (funny, I know) and the second 347!!!!! (even more funny)

My Scores

My system is not that bad but something is not quite right. I have several shutdowns a day. sometimes 2, sometimes 5, sometimes 10 and sometimes none. There is no scheme. It happens under heavy use or very low use. It always freezes the screen (no bluescreen) and I have to restart the hard way. I already bought a new GPU but that does not change a thing.

Can anyone of you have a look at my score details and let me know if you can see something that might be wrong with my system. Any idea could help me.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Well with the quadro card your not going to get high scores in a benchmark like the futuremark ones. Those are rendering cards not gaming cards. I see your mobo is listed as packard bell so I am guessing this is an HP you have. If it is have you gone to hp's site and downloaded the updates. Another thing is what kind of temps are you getting. Do you have a multi meter to test the output on the psu, have you tried taking one of your sticks of memory out.

There could be a few other problems, but a good listing of full system specs, temps, and more info as to what your doing when the pc freezes.

Lastly if you do decide to post all this make sure to post it in a new topic, so we can keep this one mostly to scores and questions about the testing.

Well with the quadro card your not going to get high scores in a benchmark like the futuremark ones. Those are rendering cards not gaming cards. I see your mobo is listed as packard bell so I am guessing this is an HP you have. If it is have you gone to hp's site and downloaded the updates. Another thing is what kind of temps are you getting. Do you have a multi meter to test the output on the psu, have you tried taking one of your sticks of memory out.

There could be a few other problems, but a good listing of full system specs, temps, and more info as to what your doing when the pc freezes.

Lastly if you do decide to post all this make sure to post it in a new topic, so we can keep this one mostly to scores and questions about the testing.

OK, thanks for the quick response. A lot to think about but....

So the whole PCMark7 thing is about gamers only and not to test your regular pc? This is strange. However, there are 2 more results with the same components that I have and they have results of 1600 and 2900 scores. My result of 347 can´t be only because I am not using a gamer card, right? I am a web and 3d designer. Do I need a gamer card for that? Honestly?

I am not a technique freak, like you guys. I know a little bit but not a lot. My pc is Packard Bell, not HP. Mainboard says Packard Bell as well. As I said, there is no scheme, it happens right after I restarted the pc and it happens if I use a lot of programs. So it happens if no programs are in use or a lot are in use. Temp always is OK.

Actually I do not think that anybody can find out. I was just wondering about that score result.

Thank you for your kind help.

Cheers.

You can test any pc with pcmark but you will find it harder to find someone with a comparable system so as to know if your score is good or not.

Also start up a new thread then cone back here with new scores once we can try and help you resolve your freezing issues.

@bishop - packard bell and hp never have been and are not in any way related. Packard bell is a subsidiary of acre and has never had ties to Hewlett packard regardless of name similarities.

@bishop - packard bell and hp never have been and are not in any way related. Packard bell is a subsidiary of acre and has never had ties to Hewlett packard regardless of name similarities.

Oops my bad lol had been up for 22 hours but I did think PB was the first part of HP back in the day, so that is misinformation on my part as a whole.:blush: