Ramdisk is FAST!!!

I ran a 3gb ramdisk 2 years ago for testing and used it to run CnC Renegade and I was literally always the first person on a server, it was fn outstanding but I didn't have enough ram to spare to make a ramdrive big enough for newer games :(

If you have 12gb+ ram I highly recommend bringing your system down to 3 or 4gb ram and making the rest a ramdrive if you play any games with long load times. as the difference really is insane.

If Gigabyte made a more modern i-ram that was affordable, took DDR3 and had 8 dimm slots with support for 32gb - 64gb ram they'd have something that gamers everywhere would love.

If you have enough money to waste all that RAM you might as well get an SSD and enjoy all the benefits with everything installed on it. :P

How did you use it to go in games and how do you make a ram disk???

I don't remember the exact software I used. I just installed Warcraft III to it just like any other disk - it was FAST but my load times with my SSDs are essentially the same. :cheers:

Way back in the day we took an Atari 800 XL and did a board mod to it that added a huge amount of memory too it. I set this up as a number of RAM Disks, something like 20 of them. I then took all the games I was playing at the time regularly and loaded them each in their own RAM Drive. My little Atari loaded faster than ANY PC I have seen to date. Of coruse there was the down side, when the power would get turned off :evilgrin: