I HATE you FEDEX!

BluePanda

That sucks. I have never had them hold a package though. I tend to like FedEx for a few reasons.

1. They deliver on Saturday.

2. They are much better at dealing with damage claims than UPS.

However, they do deliver way to early for me and are always knocking on my door before 2pm, :glare:

Yeah - but this is literally 15 minutes from where we live. We *could* have picked it up if they'd let us...but they wouldn't. :lol::vmad:

yea if they were smart they would setup a customer pickup in lieu of delivery. That's way you would just go to the pickup center when it is in. No truck no gas no driver ..smart!

are you seriously crying that Fedex doesnt work on the weekend :fp:

I understand you being upset they didnt deliver today though

MON is when most of the overnight and two day stuff plus last week is backed up

and you didnt pay for express shipping so you gotz to wait because the truck is already full

I have to agree with hating Fedex. I have lived at this address for over 25 years and they still will call and:

1. want me to "verify" address (I have filed paperwork with them at least a dozen times)

2. your address is not in our records (see above answer)

3. driver couldn't locate home?

4. leave a slip for signature (again see number 1. Hey I work all day and can't sit here waiting to see if the truck drives by trying to find my house)

5. leaves packages out in the weather when I leave a note telling them to open garage door and leave inside please! (also see number one again)

6. deliver next day or 2nd day items days late

They have to be the worst shipping company I have ever dealt with bar none.

UPS on the other hand will leave items inside with no problem. Heck, the UPS driver will stop in town here and get a signature from friends if he needs it! He also will wave me down or stop and tell me he left something for me if he sees me out at a job site!

With FEDEX remember: If it positively, absolutely has to be lost overnight - use FEDEX !!!

• Like 1

yea if they were smart they would setup a customer pickup in lieu of delivery. That's way you would just go to the pickup center when it is in. No truck no gas no driver ..smart!

Fedex does offer hold at a Fedex location service if the shipper requests the service it be nice if Newegg offered it make it a lot easier instead of waiting around all day for the package to be delivered

As for the shipping thing it sounds like they did nothing wrong typically when it comes to shipping the day you ship does not count as a day so for example if you ship something on Monday using 2 day shipping Monday does not count as one of those 2 days so the latest you can expect the package to be delivered is on Wednesday not Tuesday

This sounds about right in your case Friday doesn't count as a ship day and the weekends don't count as days either so getting it on Tuesday does sound about right

Edited by fire_storm

are you seriously crying that Fedex doesnt work on the weekend :fp:

I understand you being upset they didnt deliver today though

MON is when most of the overnight and two day stuff plus last week is backed up

and you didnt pay for express shipping so you gotz to wait because the truck is already full

Except for the fact that Fedex DOES work on Saturdays... wow

This sounds about right in your case Friday doesn't count as a ship day and the weekends don't count as days either so getting it on Tuesday does sound about right

Agreed - but UPS doesn't pull crap like this. If you pay for 3 day UPS they don't keep it sitting at a warehouse for no reason when it could be moving / be out for delivery. FEDEX is the only carrier I've dealt with that will intentionally hold a package every freakin' time. :lol:

UPS packages routinely get here early...FEDEX packages either don't get here or they sit at a warehouse for a few days because they "aren't due for delivery". :mfp:

They irritated me yesterday as well, I went to work for a half day...5am to 11am and by the time that I got home from work I had two missed shipment notices on my front door saying that if I was not there for the third delivery that I would then have to go pick it up from their nearest hub...now that is only about 15 miles away, but still very inconvenient...

What makes them think that if I am not there when they attempt to deliver the first time that I would be there a few hours later during normal working hours on a Monday? Come on, really??!

UPS on the other hand will leave items inside with no problem. Heck, the UPS driver will stop in town here and get a signature from friends if he needs it! He also will wave me down or stop and tell me he left something for me if he sees me out at a job site!

With FEDEX remember: If it positively, absolutely has to be lost overnight - use FEDEX !!!

:withstupid:

UPS drivers are always really friendly and deliver a package in our garage or on our porch. Fedex usually hides the boxes around the front of the house as if they were easter eggs. I think I prefer USPS the most though, never had any problems whatsoever with them.

:withstupid:

UPS drivers are always really friendly and deliver a package in our garage or on our porch. Fedex usually hides the boxes around the front of the house as if they were easter eggs. I think I prefer USPS the most though, never had any problems whatsoever with them.

yup, USPS drivers are awesome. Last christmas i won those GTS 250s off of Cap and RJR, they got to our local depot 7pm christmas eve, our mailman actually came 7 miles out of his way to deliver that one package on his way home. :biggrin: