I HATE you FEDEX!

BluePanda

So I know we just had a thread on egg save shipping being annoying, but come on FEDEX!!! Yuridude sold me his X3 since I had to send my X6 back to newegg... he shipped it out last Friday and guess what!?!?! It's not due to be delivered until Tuesday (tomorrow). It's been sitting less than 30 minutes from here and I CAN'T have it.

post-72615-13049888490721_thumb.jpg

We even called to see if we could pick it up, but the lady said if it wasn't on the shelf that we wouldn't be able to. She also said that it should have been delivered since their policy is to deliver if they don't have anything else -- she even told us they didn't have much on the truck -- they were just being LAZY!!! WTF. :(

I always hate waiting for stuff to shipped to me. Don't even get me started on the Newegg eggsaver shipping. :rolleyes:

Yeah but this is 2 day Fedex! :lol:

Oh my god..... That is stupid.... And that is also why I do not use then period.

Yea. But it was a very convenient way for yuridude to ship it out -- so I can't fuss much. I got a deal and I can run my computer again so... I can't complain too too much. :P

Yes all the shippers can be like this at times. I know this all to well since logistics is part of my job when I am at the office. I ship via fedex and ups for small stuff, and fedex freight, yellow, beaver, central truck lines for big stuff I don't haul myself.

That does seem to be the way any shipping company gets around their expedited options; just start the process later. Nothing you can do but wait, sorry.

As far as the truck not being filled though, there is probably a limit that has to be passed before it leaves. You don't want a shipping truck constantly leaving with only a dozen or fewer packages on it, not if you want to save on fuel or reduce wear on the parts. Less miles driven means more money for them.

Yea. But it was a very convenient way for yuridude to ship it out -- so I can't fuss much. I got a deal and I can run my computer again so... I can't complain too too much. :P

I don't blame him for shipping it that way. If it's "2 Day", you expect it to be 2 days, not a week. My friend bought his MSI 790FX-GD70 from yuridude. Not sure what he used to ship, but it was fairly quick, iirc.

I made the mistake of shipping Windows Vista to my house (For my mother's ex-boyfriend's computer) via FexEx

Result 1

Result 2

They also once left a package for me on the side of the road.

Many thanks to USPS for me actually getting this.

(No, I don't live there anymore ;) )

Edited by iskout

As far as the truck not being filled though, there is probably a limit that has to be passed before it leaves. You don't want a shipping truck constantly leaving with only a dozen or fewer packages on it, not if you want to save on fuel or reduce wear on the parts. Less miles driven means more money for them.

Yeah - but this is literally 15 minutes from where we live. We *could* have picked it up if they'd let us...but they wouldn't. :lol::vmad: