Win a HD5670 Competition !! Hosted by Nyt Ryda

Nyt

what do you do to enter the comp? confused about the details

do you have to overclock for it cause i sorta need the pc in working order and i don't know how much i can get out of my current one :(

Overclocking would definitely help, yes. You should be able to get a great overclock out of that athlon though :)

I should be able to start oc'ing my athlon 4200+ when I get a new cooler and psu for my other pc so maybe I can give you some tips later on.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overclocking would definitely help, yes. You should be able to get a great overclock out of that athlon though :)

I should be able to start oc'ing my athlon 4200+ when I get a new cooler and psu for my other pc so maybe I can give you some tips later on.

thanks man i just don't want to fry it and with my bios its gonna be hard... so what speeds do you think i can get out of mine?

http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/cpu/035/sczp1000_detail.html

thats what i'm using now and i've got like 28 degrees idle

thanks man i just don't want to fry it and with my bios its gonna be hard... so what speeds do you think i can get out of mine?

http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/cpu/035/sczp1000_detail.html

thats what i'm using now and i've got like 28 degrees idle

Cooler looks decent, those athlons run really cool anyway :biggrin: I doubt you'll fry it as long as you don't go too far with the nb voltage/frequency and the vcore.

Not sure what speeds, I reckon 3ghz is doable though. Maybe we can have a competition when I get my new stuff :P

That site is a royal pain. It needs some major revamping. :angry:

I may come back to it later.

That is also what I decided. I don't mean to be "lame" and not help out, but at the moment I don't wanna :P lol.

The site is a bit of pain but I'm sure you could get used to it if you had to... or wanted to :D So yes I may be back to help but its SUMMMMMMMMMER!!!! WOOT

That is also what I decided. I don't mean to be "lame" and not help out, but at the moment I don't wanna :P lol.

The site is a bit of pain but I'm sure you could get used to it if you had to... or wanted to :D So yes I may be back to help but its SUMMMMMMMMMER!!!! WOOT

Excactly.

w00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hamburgers on the grill, long days of absolutely nothing. No need to change out of my pjs. :biggrin:

Cooler looks decent, those athlons run really cool anyway :biggrin: I doubt you'll fry it as long as you don't go too far with the nb voltage/frequency and the vcore.

Not sure what speeds, I reckon 3ghz is doable though. Maybe we can have a competition when I get my new stuff :P

semi retro gear competition? :)

so is there free software to do this with?

Edited by Dan The Gamer

I'm in...I'll start benching today! I'm at work so I won't be able to do the GPU tests but I can do the CPU ones over RDP.....then I'll go home and clock the crap out of everything and see how high I can get!

i guess there is one plus to having a crappy CPU on a crappy motherboard...im doing pretty good compared to others with my hardware!

budget pc wins again!!!!!!!!

Yeah :P But thats why I made the competition over a long time period

OH and I also added more prizes . Two Mafia 2 Steam game codes for a 2nd and 3rd random draw .

Where are all the guys with monster rigs ?! If you want someone else more deserving to win the prizes then just say so but you can still participate to help the OCC HWbot team :)

Come on Ivy ! Or are you too scared the 5970 will blow up while benchmarking ?? :lol:

my 5970 isn't a great clocker :-/

Is the 5670 better or equal but more efficient than the 8800GT??

my 5970 isn't a great clocker :-/

Is the 5670 better or equal but more efficient than the 8800GT??

Your 5970 should get to 850mhz core and 1200mhz mem easily :thumbsup:

The 5670 is just a little less performance than the 512mb 8800GT but it beats the 320mb versions of the 8800GT/GTS and is cooler with DX11 :)