The days of chivalry are gone....

Its a running Joke I have had with Farrah for years, and when she see's me I will be getting a well deserved smack in the head :lol:

That's what I thought - it had to be something like that. :lol:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wut?

Personally I find myself agreeing with the police officer. Seems to me like a man would understand why a woman might get raped better than a woman might understand. Take for example, prostitutes, it's their job to attract men, so they dress in a manner that helps them do that job. I don't really see why a woman would need to dress in such a way if she didn't have that intention. It kind of encourages rape and sexual assault in my opinion. Which I'm sure many don't agree with.

Not saying it's the woman's fault, it's definitely up to the rapist, but you have to be realistic about such situations and include everything that factors in.

Dressing that way may encourage the wrong thoughts or send the wrong message, however, bottom line is that sexual assault is wrong, no matter what the circumstances.

Dressing that way may encourage the wrong thoughts or send the wrong message, however, bottom line is that sexual assault is wrong, no matter what the circumstances.

EXACTLY! :thumbsup:

And making it sound like it's the woman's fault because she dressed a certain way.....just adds insult to injury. It might invoke cat calls....or derogatory remarks from people but telling a woman she "asked" for it because she wasn't dressed the right way sends the wrong message. Dressing more modestly doesn't protect you. Dressing like a "whore" doesn't give a man the right to take advantage of you. If I want to wear a short skirt and belly shirt I have the right to do so. I don't want any of the next generation of women thinking that if they dress like a nun they're safe. They aren't.

Also, women can dress sexy and not trashy. If a woman is extremely attractive is it her fault too? Should we all walk around covered from head to toe like in some other parts of the world? All because some deranged men can't control themselves. Really...where do you draw the line?

EXACTLY! thumbsup3.gif

And making it sound like it's the woman's fault because she dressed a certain way.....just adds insult to injury. It might invoke cat calls....or derogatory remarks from people but telling a woman she "asked" for it because she wasn't dressed the right way sends the wrong message. Dressing more modestly doesn't protect you. Dressing like a "whore" doesn't give a man the right to take advantage of you. If I want to wear a short skirt and belly shirt I have the right to do so. I don't want any of the next generation of women thinking that if they dress like a nun they're safe. They aren't.

Also, women can dress sexy and not trashy. If a woman is extremely attractive is it her fault too? Should we all walk around covered from head to toe like in some other parts of the world? All because some deranged men can't control themselves. Really...where do you draw the line?

Well put. BTW: nice loft. well put together. :)

I don't think anyone hear is debating that

All there trying to prove is whether you like it or not there is some truth to what the officer said even though the comment he made shouldn't have been said

Edited by fire_storm

So I was watching South Park the other day, and it was the episode about rich people being addicted to . and Hilary Clinton having a bomb planted inside her by terrorists, and at the end of the episode Cartman says "If wasn't for me being a bigot, the terrorists wouldn't have been caught" or something like that anyway. It occurs to me that the police officer is our Cartman in this situation, it's true that he was offensive, but if it wasn't for him all of this awareness about rape and sexuality, most importantly the walks, wouldn't have come about. So really whether you're offended by him or agreeing with him, he still did his job by promoting awareness about rape and ways to prevent it, really he's a hero whether you like him or not. :D

EXACTLY! :thumbsup:

This is basically what I've been saying.

So I was watching South Park the other day, and it was the episode about rich people being addicted to . and Hilary Clinton having a bomb planted inside her by terrorists, and at the end of the episode Cartman says "If wasn't for me being a bigot, the terrorists wouldn't have been caught" or something like that anyway. It occurs to me that the police officer is our Cartman in this situation, it's true that he was offensive, but if it wasn't for him all of this awareness about rape and sexuality, most importantly the walks, wouldn't have come about. So really whether you're offended by him or agreeing with him, he still did his job by promoting awareness about rape and ways to prevent it, really he's a hero whether you like him or not. :D

nice back pedaling.