Sign in to follow this  
nVidia_Freak

Found this little gem at work...

We were cleaning out part of a building that was being used for storage. Everything was being trashed unless, of course, anyone saw anything they might have a use for. Hidden away among parts to old printing presses and print cutters was this little beauty...

th_1re.jpg

th_3re.jpg

th_2re.jpg

th_4re.jpg

th_5re.jpg

In mint condition, with only a few marks on the cable. No dirt, no gunk, nothing rattling inside, the LEDs work, all the keys depress and go clickity-clak. It even has removable key caps! The only thing it's missing are drainage channels, but those didn't come along until the year after this one was made.

Been using it for a few days now and I <3 it. The way my Déck (MX Black switches) made rubber dome KBs feel is the same way the Model M makes MX Black switches feel: all mushy and bleh! That's tactile for you though...I will still use the Déck for gaming, but everything else...Model M.

I want one of those. I've been trying to convince myself to buy one for about 6 months.

I want one of those. I've been trying to convince myself to buy one for about 6 months.

I had an old Cherry G80-8200 (until it broke, wasn't my fault honest :unsure: ) with browns, and now that it's gone I would kill for another one. I'm back to typing on a rubber dome KB for now and sometimes I want to throw it at a wall.

On the topic of mechanical keyboards, I am in the market.

I can get a Das S (pro/ultimate/silent) for $150, Blackwidow for $150 and the 7g for $200

I was really interested with the 7g till i saw the Das S (i dont like the blackwidow because of the 6KR)

I really like the palmrest of the 7g (as i use them alot, but i hate the tiny ones that hardly do a thing)

I dont care about the $50 difference, so which would you recommend?

The 7g or one of the Das S models?