Sign in to follow this  
Waco

Benchmarking the X6 and Quadfire 4870X2s.

Long story short the 1090T X6 won't run stable in Bluepanda's board without possibly bursting into flames (the mobo, not the cpu :P) so we had a little fun with it before it heads back to Newegg on Monday. :biggrin:

4 GHz on all 6 cores was easy. I didn't really try to push it much further since that number is so nice and even. :)

I had to rig up a secondary power supply for the second 4870X2 but it worked beautifully...even if it was a bit ghetto. :biggrin:

3DMark06 - 23367 3DMarks - http://3dmark.com/3dm06/15691803

3DMark Vantage - P24457 3DMarks - http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3142684

Unigine Heaven:

yCruncher - 7.281 seconds

Edited by Waco

wow I would have thought your vantage scores would have been higher...

On my i7-860 rig everything stock settings and those 2 4850X2 cards in quadfire I was 24,000 marks

wow I would have thought your vantage scores would have been higher...

On my i7-860 rig everything stock settings and those 2 4850X2 cards in quadfire I was 24,000 marks

What were your CPU / GPU scores? I imagine the i7-860 would probably have a lot higher CPU score even at stock. :ouch:

This WAS going to be my new happy friend... but NO... it had to be a fire hazard. lol

Fire hazards can be a good thing with the right insurance. :P

Impressive scores, makes me almost want to fire up a benchmark of my own since its been ages since I tested my system. What were the temps like on that 1090T?

Fire hazards can be a good thing with the right insurance. :P

Impressive scores, makes me almost want to fire up a benchmark of my own since its been ages since I tested my system. What were the temps like on that 1090T?

The temps on the CPU were nice and cool. We both have water systems... the fire issue came from my board. The VRMs were the issue in my runs. They got soooooo hot. Silly mobo just couldn't handle it. But I think the hottest waco saw with his video card contributing (300W heat dump) to the water temps was 44 C.

Those temps aren't too shabby at all. At least you got some fun out of it before returning the thing.

I say you should have let renter's/homeowner's insurance handle it and get you new PC parts. I mean, that's what they do right? :lol:

Those temps aren't too shabby at all. At least you got some fun out of it before returning the thing.

I say you should have let renter's/homeowner's insurance handle it and get you new PC parts. I mean, that's what they do right? :lol:

Since we are moving we won't have house insurance until we are at the new place -- otherwise... hummm lol.

There is that possibility though. Say you were asleep, the thing caught on fire, lucky to be alive, etc.

Long story short the 1090T X6 won't run stable in Bluepanda's board without possibly bursting into flames (the mobo, not the cpu :P) so we had a little fun with it before it heads back to Newegg on Monday. :biggrin:

4 GHz on all 6 cores was easy. I didn't really try to push it much further since that number is so nice and even. :)

I had to rig up a secondary power supply for the second 4870X2 but it worked beautifully...even if it was a bit ghetto. :biggrin:

3DMark06 - 23367 3DMarks - http://3dmark.com/3dm06/15691803

3DMark Vantage - P24457 3DMarks - http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3142684

Unigine Heaven:

yCruncher - 7.281 seconds

i have one question your heaven bench shows dx11 but the 4870x2 does not support dx11

i have one question your heaven bench shows dx11 but the 4870x2 does not support dx11

It runs regardless - tesselation just doesn't work. :P