New BFBC2 server need helping getting it popular

Mr.Niceguy

Hey all my clan has just named me head admin of our new server which is based out of dallas.

i really want to make the server popular and am having trouble getting people in and playing.

I'm new to being an admin. what are things i can do to make it a better more popular server where people will want to play.

Here is the server info http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/68.232.175.63:19567/b/

thanks in advance all!

I've added your thread to my watch list. I love BFBC2 so I'll look your server up next time I'm online. Are you a player - or just sit around and administer?

You might consider formally introducing yourself to the OCC forums if you haven't already done so.

I need to get back into this game. I used to be addicted to it, but then I finally got 3 monitors to play it on, and only played it once . I will add this server, hopefully see a few of you on there.

The hard part is getting like 6+ people on a server at once. Then it finally gets listed for the "put me in a server" thing. I've ran a few servers in the past and if you can get that many people in a server at once it'll take off.

It's hard though, my old clan had 100+ people in it, at least 20 of them had the game, but not everyone was ever on at once so the server mostly was empty. XD

I'll jump on it tonight if I can. Your best bet is to try to find a bunch of times when you can organize a good amount of people on it, at least at first. That will get the attention of the casual gamer to hop on. Then make sure the games are balanced, and there aren't any cheaters, and you should be goo to go.

i am a player and a damn good chopper pilot if may say so myself. feel free to add me, my name is Mr.Niceguy;). monitor the server throughout the day and talk to players in the server and make sure there is no hackers. we will be on tonight for a while feel free to bring your friends and use our server as your bfbc2 home. as a promotion we are offering free reserve slots to the top ten players on the server. for any questions you have you can consult my clans website at www.dumbestclan.enjin.com

Hey all my clan has just named me head admin of our new server which is based out of dallas.

i really want to make the server popular and am having trouble getting people in and playing.

I'm new to being an admin. what are things i can do to make it a better more popular server where people will want to play.

Here is the server info http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/68.232.175.63:19567/b/

thanks in advance all!

My favorite server is a hardcore gamemode and limits the amount of snipers on each side to 3. It makes gameplay sooo much more fun that I'm not randomly killed by some camper sniper across the map. People also tend to go after the objectives more often when 1/2 your team isnt snipers camping it up doing nothing. The server is 32 player and rotates lots of the newer maps. It is always full even at 3am. Love playing there. I would play on any server like that. The admins are always on and kicking tk'ers and watch very closely for hacks and such.

Edited by Asinorum

Hey Mr. Niceguy :)

I jumped on your server for a while on Saturday. Game play was fine and there were even a few players in there :)

I'll add you to my friends list at next login. My user handle is RAZORBACKBF2 so please be sure to accept my friend request.

Regards,