Sign in to follow this  
My_Inner_Fred

I can could smell something burning in my computer....

I think I remember something happening the last time I smelled a burning smell near my computer - it promptly burst into flames. :D

Last time i smelt burning near my computer my mom caught a pan of spaghetti on fire.

Haha... guess what I really think its the PSU now. I was playing a FPS and I notice I wasnt getting connection lag I was getting fps lag. I think the power output is getting to be unstable.

I'm gonna go ahead and switch the PSU with my 600W one and test it out. Of course I'll have to wait till tomorrow for that...

Is it extremely dirty/ dusty inside? If so it could be some dust getting heated, same like above with the heater being turned on... or was it a straight electrical fire smell?

I just built this rig like 2 weeks ago and the side fans have dust filters. I'm pretty sure its clean, I think it really is the PSU acting up.

Yes, We all remember what happened Waco the lan party killer. :P BTW: Thats still freaking awesome.

The last time I smelt Burning was when I tried to stuff 1.50V vcore into my I7 during the 3dm06 competition last year. whoa.gif

I'm just gonna take the risks and keep using it. I not exactly sure where that smell came from anyway. If this thing catches on fire then I guess it really was from the computer lawl...

I plays Crysis 2 and there didnt seem to be any voltage fluctuation, so the PSU seems to be fine in my opinion. I'll just RMA the computer parts that die if my psu shorts out.

Derp

My old psu made a poof of smoke and an electrical smell then went bad a couple months later. (no fires though)

If it's still working than right on, I'd just be wary of running the computer while you're not in the home :lol: