CowKing

Osama Bin Laden is dead

hey say if there is land still up for grabs can you make ur own laws?

If those laws involve human rights and equality, then I am all for it :thumbsup:

If those laws involve human rights and equality, then I am all for it :thumbsup:

thhe thing is the only places i know is some place in antartica and between sudan and egypt... go living with the penguins? so do penguins use linux cause i'm really an all microsoft person

thhe thing is the only places i know is some place in antartica and between sudan and egypt... go living with the penguins? so do penguins use linux cause i'm really an all microsoft person

LMAO, MS here too, so I think I will just stay in America ;) I have my rights and equality, so I feel good about not moving :thumbsup:

:withstupid:

Celebrating just makes us look as bad as them. Like when we saw footage of downed helo pilots being dragged through the streets, I mean c'mon!

I'm glad someone else mentioned that event because that was the thing that I was thinking of as I saw people celebrating Osama's death on the news, and even more so when people said we should tour his body around the US. It's one thing to be at war and defeat someone that is hostile towards you, but it's a lot different when we're hunting someone down and then parade around about it.

My goodness. You are one hell of a logical thinker. Thats really superb reasoning. Are you a judge? and no I am not being sarcastic. Its just your replies are very thought out.

It's probably a good thing you said you weren't sarcastic or else I might have taken it that way. :lol:

I'm certainly not a judge, if I was I would have a much better computer than I already do. :lol: I just have an opinion, and enjoy talking about things, I think it's mostly that I'm a fairly open minded person that's accepting of a lot of things, it makes it easier to learn and understand things, even in discussions like this one.

For example, Incrysis keeps going on about his conspiracy stuff and while most in this thread are just seeing him as that guy with the tin foil hat, I'm reading what he says and taking it apart a little bit and seeing what he really means, like how some post earlier, I think it was someone other than Incrysis, said that this radio talk show was saying they froze osama 10 years ago and waited for a time to use him to put the peoples' minds at ease and win people back for Obama. I think that's kind of true, ever since Obama came into office he really hasn't done much good for the country, gas prices are going up, the job market isn't getting any better, we have the TSA introduced into the airport security systems, and now just as Obama is finally losing popularity with the people, osama is killed. Maybe it's coincidental timing but none the less it is still very convenient for Obama.

However I also take into consideration that we have some very patriotic and military people on this forum and I do try take care that I don't say things to offend them, I do have respect for our military and I do love my country but I do so under the idea that it's okay for me to question what is going on. I feel it's important to question things and really put some thought into them but not losing the opinions of others because I can't know everything or even know if I'm correct about something, so in a sense I question even what I am saying. There are some folks on here that are saying "why shouldn't we be happy about it?" and I can't necessarily give them a perfect answer to that question because they're kind of right about it, this is our enemy and should be treated as such. I agree with this idea to an extent, I think it's important to treat an enemy or threat with hostility but osama is no longer a threat if he is dead, and I think the fair thing to do is to treat his body with some respect and not "drag it through the streets".

LMAO, MS here too, so I think I will just stay in America ;) I have my rights and equality, so I feel good about not moving :thumbsup:

hmm do penguins quack?

at least that would keep you entertained for a bit although the bigger ones mights gangup around you and peck at you, so would the closest electricity plug be 4000 miles away? the big advantage about having ur own country is that ur rules and no tax! so whats the point of buying land if its still the governments since they give planning permission and stuff...

so was osama a big threat or what cuase he did nothing for 10 years till he died? so would other terrrists see him as a martyr or something?

Edited by Dan The Gamer

this radio talk show was saying they froze osama 10 years ago and waited for a time to use him to put the peoples' minds at ease and win people back for Obama. I think that's kind of true.

They froze Osama 10yrs ago, because they knew Obama was going to be elected 8yrs later, and did so to try and help his numbers and America's confidence in him? Now that is a very interesting conspiracy theory, especially since he was in the Illinois Senate at the time they allegedly froze Osama's body! Do you think that everyone already knew that Obama was going to run for President and get elected?

ever since Obama came into office he really hasn't done much good for the country, gas prices are going up, the job market isn't getting any better, we have the TSA introduced into the airport security systems, and now just as Obama is finally losing popularity with the people, osama is killed. Maybe it's coincidental timing but none the less it is still very convenient for Obama.

To be fair, things were bad when he took office! He has been trying to ice skate up a hill ever since ;)

I think the fair thing to do is to treat his body with some respect and not "drag it through the streets".

I completely agree with this! Although I am one of the people who is happy about his passing, I don't agree with dragging his body through the streets! IMO I think that would make us similiar to the enemy! But, we did not do that, I am happy he is no longer living, and I am not a barbarian!

hey i'm quoting to prove ur point about the quotes! theres always bad people on both sides :(

the war in the pacific wouldn't of lasted long anyways cause the japanese lost most of their navy before the two hits... it was just the right place to test their new weapon... how many people dies 300,000 in the bomb and many born with deformities and stuff for 3 thousand lives that could of been lost anyways considering they were in the navy so they would of fought? war is never about the people of the country just some fat/slim greedy people who 'thinks' he is making the world a better place for himself... hey say if there is land still up for grabs can you make ur own laws?

oh by the way we are never really free! thats what they want us to think so we don't complain and demand better sandwiches! :lol:

They may have lost much of their navy but that doesn't mean they would have surrendered. WWII was a total war and knocking out their military wouldn't have finished it, you had to also break their will to fight, just as they would have done to us had the positions been flipped. I could be remembering incorrectly, but at the time the three options were to bomb them, to demonstrate the bombs on a deserted island, to invade them, or to blockade them. Demonstrating the nuclear bombs without any loss of life might not have been impactful enough, and with only two built and enough material for one more, you don't want to waste one that way. (Also, Truman had stated that we would drop one a week until they surrendered. An empty threat as we didn't have that many bombs, but effective.) To invade them would have cost a lot of lives on both sides and to blockade them would have the potential to cause death on the order of genocide. As someone else stated, it is noncombatants that start wars now, so if the Japanese Emperor didn't decide to surrender during a blockade, many of his citizens would have died. Also, we probably would have kept bombing them during that time, causing more deaths as food stores would be hit as well as just places where people were. Plus, we wanted to end the war before Russia got involved in Japan, so that we didn't have an east and West Japan like we did in Germany.

I fully admit I haven't taken a history class for years and I could be remembering some of this wrong, but I think I've got the gist right. Correct me as you can!

In America, it is a person's right to celebrate what they want! Just as it is another person's right not to celebrate!

I seriously could have multi-quoted way too many posts in this thread to count. But I will just try to summarize since many in here feel that the freedom of speech right that all nations should have is an open invitation to critisize the opinions of others :rolleyes: People are not barbarians for celebrating a person like Osama's death, people are not wrong for thinking that I or anyone else is a barbarian, only wrong for conveying your "opinions" as facts!

Also, yes just because 1 terrorist (Osama) is dead, doesn't mean that there aren't a thousand more right behind him. However, they are all not masterminds with the intelligence to coordinate such attacks as 9/11 as well as many others! So when one of the big dogs goes down, it is significant! Everyone isn't a leader, and Osama was a great leader to the terrorists, just as Hitler was to the Nazis! Are the 2 situations the same?...No! But in the World's eyes both were bad men, and whether you are happy or not that either of them are dead, it still makes for a safer place! Does Osama's death mean that Al Quida is over?....No! But, it does mean that they lost a very powerful and dangerous leader, and that type of person cannot just be replaced as easily as some on here feel it is, with the many other terrorists in the waiting!

Others have talked about what we did in WWII to Japan and the A-Bomb. First of, not trying to justify anything, but that attack was in retalliation to them bombing Pearl Harbor, completely unexpected I will add! Some don't believe that the atomic bomb was the right thing to do, but it also may have ended the war in the Pacific much earlier than had it not been dropped! Think of it this way, if we had not nuked Japan, how much longer would the conflict in the Pacific between the US and Japan have lasted? How many more people would have lost their lives during that extension of conflict? Maybe dropping the A-Bomb actually saved more lives than it took, on both sides! Just some food-for-thought! Again, I am not justifying the A-Bomb, but let's not only look at it from 1 perspective!

Again, opinions are just that.....opinions! In many countries you are allowed to have opinions, but in many countries opinions are not only unacceptable, but punishable by death! Please remember this when you sit in the comfort of your homes, on internet forums spouting off your opinions (especially those on here acting like thier opinions are FACTS :rolleyes:). Because if you were saying some of things you have on this thread in another country, you might be in the same spot as Osama! Be thankful that you are in a country that allows you to say such things! Also remember that when you are saying all these bad things about America and what we are doing in the world, a lot of the conflicts were are involved in currently, are attempts to ensure Equality for all human beings, regardless of the county they live in! Are we wrong for trying to protect the belief that all humans should be able to freely give their opinions, similiar to what has been done on this thread? I don't think so, but then again I get to sit in the comfort of my home, in America, always having had the luxury of this very simple right!

DO NOT TAKE FREEDOM FOR GRANTED! We are only the land of the FREE, as long as we are the home of the BRAVE! That should never be forgotten!

TY to all the soldiers of all countries, all over the world, that are fighting for these beliefs :cheers:

I never said people don't have the right to celebrate his death I and some others in this thread just questioned the morality of celebrating about it

Besides just morality of it there are other good reasons why it's a bad thing to celebrate his death

Think of it this way we often see people on the news of people in Arab countries burning American flags and yelling hateful messages about the country and when we watch that we often say Arabs are crazy, barbarians and savages even though most of the time these protest are small groups extremist that do not fairly represent all the views of the Muslims people or region

Know think of all those parties which are being broadcasted around the world including the middle east were some people might not have some favorable views on America and showing people celebrating a persons death along with some type of twisting of the story which happens in a lot of Arab countries

because the government controls the media in many cases can send the people in the Arab world the wrong message about Americans and there values which can lead to further hate of America which usually results in more attacks which is why the president usually

always says we are at war with Muslim terrorists not Islam

Which is why we have to treat his death in a civilized and moral fashion to set a moral example to Arabs and others around the world

Edited by fire_storm

Jim, I feel like that was pretty thought out! Like I said, the A-Bomb could have saved lives on both sides, and w/o a doubt ended that conflict MUCH earlier than it would have w/o ;)

Which is why we have to treat his death in a civilized and moral fashion to set a moral example to Arabs and others around the world

I feel like America did this perfectly! Because we didn't do all the other crap, that is what seperates us from being barbaric! Rejoicing over the fact that Osama can't inflict anymore death because he is dead himself IMHO is not barbaric, it's natural :cheers:

They may have lost much of their navy but that doesn't mean they would have surrendered. WWII was a total war and knocking out their military wouldn't have finished it, you had to also break their will to fight, just as they would have done to us had the positions been flipped. I could be remembering incorrectly, but at the time the three options were to bomb them, to demonstrate the bombs on a deserted island, to invade them, or to blockade them. Demonstrating the nuclear bombs without any loss of life might not have been impactful enough, and with only two built and enough material for one more, you don't want to waste one that way. (Also, Truman had stated that we would drop one a week until they surrendered. An empty threat as we didn't have that many bombs, but effective.) To invade them would have cost a lot of lives on both sides and to blockade them would have the potential to cause death on the order of genocide. As someone else stated, it is noncombatants that start wars now, so if the Japanese Emperor didn't decide to surrender during a blockade, many of his citizens would have died. Also, we probably would have kept bombing them during that time, causing more deaths as food stores would be hit as well as just places where people were. Plus, we wanted to end the war before Russia got involved in Japan, so that we didn't have an east and West Japan like we did in Germany.

I fully admit I haven't taken a history class for years and I could be remembering some of this wrong, but I think I've got the gist right. Correct me as you can!

ya they probably wound't have for a while cause of their kamikaze beliefs and stuff, you can't change history ( you didn't try to im just saying something diff.) but we can learn from our mistakes, although governments and those greedy 'top' men will never learn... didn't germany pull out from libya cause they thought what they was doing was wrong?

They froze Osama 10yrs ago, because they knew Obama was going to be elected 8yrs later, and did so to try and help his numbers and America's confidence in him? Now that is a very interesting conspiracy theory, especially since he was in the Illinois Senate at the time they allegedly froze Osama's body! Do you think that everyone already knew that Obama was going to run for President and get elected?

To be fair, things were bad when he took office! He has been trying to ice skate up a hill ever since ;)

I completely agree with this! Although I am one of the people who is happy about his passing, I don't agree with dragging his body through the streets! IMO I think that would make us similiar to the enemy! But, we did not do that, I am happy he is no longer living, and I am not a barbarian!

I don't think it's quite that well put together, I don't know or think osama was frozen necessarily but I do think that him being killed right now is being used to obama's advantage regardless of whether it's staged or real. That's the part I don't like because I personally would like to see our economy and especially our job market go up again, that's what I want to see our polictians focus on, not a war we've been fighting for 10 years. One of the reasons I feel this isn't such a far fetched idea though, right around the time that obama started getting ahead in the last election, gas prices almost plummeted overnight, but as soon as he took office they started rising again, that seems a little strange to me, I don't even remember anyone explaining why gas prices did this at that time.

You're kind of right, things were bad when he took office, but it's been quite some time since he took office and it's really only gotten worse.