Osama Bin Laden is dead

CowKing

I did mean Osama. Sorry, it was late :P.

Oil? Care to show me where we're setting up oil pumps to steal oil from the middle east? Last I knew they were still selling it to us. But my friends in Afghanistan may be wrong too.

Yup and at the price at which you tell them to sell it to you. Democracy is just a game and all of us die for an invisible border that a politician drew on a map. In the end he is just as guilty as the guys who let loose agent orange in vietnam....children are still born with deformaties today.... they number much more than those who died in and after 9/11(God rest their souls).

Waco explained my point quite well.

Care to tell of me of a time here recently when the US has organized the killing of thousands of innocents in other countries?

lol. US knows you just cant go around killing people. Its simple logic. that will lead to WW 3. So you just give out loans to countries and tie them into contracts for infrastructure development, none of which they can repay and viola! they are indebted to you and must hence to your bidding. Win win situation. Why use guns when you can use your brains :)

I didn't say mourn his death, you shouldn't twist people's words, that's a bad habit.

That's a terrible comparison, we aren't the ones under attack here. We are the ones with a larger, better equipped, well trained army, and we sent it to them, they aren't hunting us down like Jewish people were hunted down.

:withstupid:

I'm not crying over this guy's death, but I don't want to be happy about it either. Killing people shouldn't be a reason to be happy.

Let me ask you all this. Why does all the news say "osama bin laden is dead" and shows people celebrating all over the place? Shouldn't it say something like, "We're one step closer to winning the war and bringing our soldiers home!"? Shouldn't that be the idea? To have less death and violence?

My goodness. You are one hell of a logical thinker. Thats really superb reasoning. Are you a judge? and no I am not being sarcastic. Its just your replies are very thought out.

That converts to about $12.50 per gallon, by the way. (1 liter = 0.264172052 gallons, 1.49 euro = $2.2158)

so expensive? even though we are closer to the suppliers..

theres some crazy multi posting going on here lol

no doubt about it theres thousands of lives being lost all the time over lil things and big things most not for the good of the people... after all wars are made by a few 'big' men who never came close to any danger in their lifes while thousands die...

Overclockthesun, can you please put all your replies in one post next time, use the multi-quote, youre giving me a headache.

I think you got it dan, most wars are fought between non combatants who dont know what they are putting their people through.

Do you think Obama would be so eager to get in all these wars(granted he was handed most of them) if he was going to have to get on the ground and lead them himself? Conversly all you anti-war people how would you feel if we left the middle east and all of a sudden the front line was our backyard?

There is no happy medium and there never will be. We can only get rid of people like Osama and make the situation we have worked ourselves into a bit better. But there will be another Osama, maybe not from al-Qaeda, maybe Gadhafi, maybe...(no i am not a consipracy theorist) we will wnd up with a dictator in the states. There is always going to be a 'big bad guy' that everyone secretly hopes to wake up and read their obituary in the paper. Like that quote from mark twain mentioned earlier.

Killing one man does not make the world a better place.

</end ramble>

Overclockthesun, can you please put all your replies in one post next time, use the multi-quote, youre giving me a headache.

I think you got it dan, most wars are fought between non combatants who dont know what they are putting their people through.

Do you think Obama would be so eager to get in all these wars(granted he was handed most of them) if he was going to have to get on the ground and lead them himself? Conversly all you anti-war people how would you feel if we left the middle east and all of a sudden the front line was our backyard?

There is no happy medium and there never will be. We can only get rid of people like Osama and make the situation we have worked ourselves into a bit better. But there will be another Osama, maybe not from al-Qaeda, maybe Gadhafi, maybe...(no i am not a consipracy theorist) we will wnd up with a dictator in the states. There is always going to be a 'big bad guy' that everyone secretly hopes to wake up and read their obituary in the paper. Like that quote from mark twain mentioned earlier.

Killing one man does not make the world a better place.

</end ramble>

woo! but is gadafi that bad considering over half the population supports him? killing everybody makes the world a beter place... i mean have we done anything good?

at least back in the day the people at the front lines were actually big leaders and stuff but now its just guys having bbq's and going around the world meeting people saying its going to be alright?

the idea came from some linkin park song... very convincing

Edited by Dan The Gamer

I ask again, why should we mourn the death of a man who has killed thousands? Why shouldn't we be happy that a man who organized and spread oppression be dead? The "bad guys" you're talking about celebrated the death of innocent people. Obama is far from innocent.

I wasn't saying his death should be mourned, but celebrating his death seems to be a bit much...

Being happy that ANYONE is dead is barbaric

Glad to see someone agrees with me.

Edited by l33t p1mp

I don't think anyone hear is complaining about that he got killed or didn't deserve it what they are complaining about is the fact that it isn't right for someone to celebrate another person's death

In America, it is a person's right to celebrate what they want! Just as it is another person's right not to celebrate!

I seriously could have multi-quoted way too many posts in this thread to count. But I will just try to summarize since many in here feel that the freedom of speech right that all nations should have is an open invitation to critisize the opinions of others :rolleyes: People are not barbarians for celebrating a person like Osama's death, people are not wrong for thinking that I or anyone else is a barbarian, only wrong for conveying your "opinions" as facts!

Also, yes just because 1 terrorist (Osama) is dead, doesn't mean that there aren't a thousand more right behind him. However, they are all not masterminds with the intelligence to coordinate such attacks as 9/11 as well as many others! So when one of the big dogs goes down, it is significant! Everyone isn't a leader, and Osama was a great leader to the terrorists, just as Hitler was to the Nazis! Are the 2 situations the same?...No! But in the World's eyes both were bad men, and whether you are happy or not that either of them are dead, it still makes for a safer place! Does Osama's death mean that Al Quida is over?....No! But, it does mean that they lost a very powerful and dangerous leader, and that type of person cannot just be replaced as easily as some on here feel it is, with the many other terrorists in the waiting!

Others have talked about what we did in WWII to Japan and the A-Bomb. First of, not trying to justify anything, but that attack was in retalliation to them bombing Pearl Harbor, completely unexpected I will add! Some don't believe that the atomic bomb was the right thing to do, but it also may have ended the war in the Pacific much earlier than had it not been dropped! Think of it this way, if we had not nuked Japan, how much longer would the conflict in the Pacific between the US and Japan have lasted? How many more people would have lost their lives during that extension of conflict? Maybe dropping the A-Bomb actually saved more lives than it took, on both sides! Just some food-for-thought! Again, I am not justifying the A-Bomb, but let's not only look at it from 1 perspective!

Again, opinions are just that.....opinions! In many countries you are allowed to have opinions, but in many countries opinions are not only unacceptable, but punishable by death! Please remember this when you sit in the comfort of your homes, on internet forums spouting off your opinions (especially those on here acting like thier opinions are FACTS :rolleyes:). Because if you were saying some of things you have on this thread in another country, you might be in the same spot as Osama! Be thankful that you are in a country that allows you to say such things! Also remember that when you are saying all these bad things about America and what we are doing in the world, a lot of the conflicts were are involved in currently, are attempts to ensure Equality for all human beings, regardless of the county they live in! Are we wrong for trying to protect the belief that all humans should be able to freely give their opinions, similiar to what has been done on this thread? I don't think so, but then again I get to sit in the comfort of my home, in America, always having had the luxury of this very simple right!

DO NOT TAKE FREEDOM FOR GRANTED! We are only the land of the FREE, as long as we are the home of the BRAVE! That should never be forgotten!

TY to all the soldiers of all countries, all over the world, that are fighting for these beliefs :cheers:

In America, it is a person's right to celebrate what they want! Just as it is another person's right not to celebrate!

I seriously could have multi-quoted way too many posts in this thread to count. But I will just try to summarize since many in here feel that the freedom of speech right that all nations should have is an open invitation to critisize the opinions of others :rolleyes: People are not barbarians for celebrating a person like Osama's death, people are not wrong for thinking that I or anyone else is a barbarian, only wrong for conveying your "opinions" as facts!

Also, yes just because 1 terrorist (Osama) is dead, doesn't mean that there aren't a thousand more right behind him. However, they are all not masterminds with the intelligence to coordinate such attacks as 9/11 as well as many others! So when one of the big dogs goes down, it is significant! Everyone isn't a leader, and Osama was a great leader to the terrorists, just as Hitler was to the Nazis! Are the 2 situations the same?...No! But in the World's eyes both were bad men, and whether you are happy or not that either of them are dead, it still makes for a safer place! Does Osama's death mean that Al Quida is over?....No! But, it does mean that they lost a very powerful and dangerous leader, and that type of person cannot just be replaced as easily as some on here feel it is, with the many other terrorists in the waiting!

Others have talked about what we did in WWII to Japan and the A-Bomb. First of, not trying to justify anything, but that attack was in retalliation to them bombing Pearl Harbor, completely unexpected I will add! Some don't believe that the atomic bomb was the right thing to do, but it also may have ended the war in the Pacific much earlier than had it not been dropped! Think of it this way, if we had not nuked Japan, how much longer would the conflict in the Pacific between the US and Japan have lasted? How many more people would have lost their lives during that extension of conflict? Maybe dropping the A-Bomb actually saved more lives than it took, on both sides! Just some food-for-thought! Again, I am not justifying the A-Bomb, but let's not only look at it from 1 perspective!

Again, opinions are just that.....opinions! In many countries you are allowed to have opinions, but in many countries opinions are not only unacceptable, but punishable by death! Please remember this when you sit in the comfort of your homes, on internet forums spouting off your opinions (especially those on here acting like thier opinions are FACTS :rolleyes:). Because if you were saying some of things you have on this thread in another country, you might be in the same spot as Osama! Be thankful that you are in a country that allows you to say such things! Also remember that when you are saying all these bad things about America and what we are doing in the world, a lot of the conflicts were are involved in currently, are attempts to ensure Equality for all human beings, regardless of the county they live in! Are we wrong for trying to protect the belief that all humans should be able to freely give their opinions, similiar to what has been done on this thread? I don't think so, but then again I get to sit in the comfort of my home, in America, always having had the luxury of this very simple right!

DO NOT TAKE FREEDOM FOR GRANTED! We are only the land of the FREE, as long as we are the home of the BRAVE! That should never be forgotten!

TY to all the soldiers of all countries, all over the world, that are fighting for these beliefs :cheers:

hey i'm quoting to prove ur point about the quotes! theres always bad people on both sides :(

the war in the pacific wouldn't of lasted long anyways cause the japanese lost most of their navy before the two hits... it was just the right place to test their new weapon... how many people dies 300,000 in the bomb and many born with deformities and stuff for 3 thousand lives that could of been lost anyways considering they were in the navy so they would of fought? war is never about the people of the country just some fat/slim greedy people who 'thinks' he is making the world a better place for himself... hey say if there is land still up for grabs can you make ur own laws?

oh by the way we are never really free! thats what they want us to think so we don't complain and demand better sandwiches! :lol:

Edited by Dan The Gamer