CowKing

Osama Bin Laden is dead

They're not going to show the photos of Bin Laden. That is just so shocking. You would think that the governement would have a backup PC running photoshop. PC crashes just wreck everything.

I don't even see why people want to see photos of him dead I mean like you said with things like Photoshop available you can make anything look real and if the movie industry can make anything look real like aliens and monsters I'm sure the government could easily create some type of realistic looking dummy which could fool everyone

I think the point is there really is never a way of being 100% sure and your just going to have to trust the government otherwise your curiosity will never be satisfied

Guys, this is getting ridiculous. This was supposed to be a discussion on our opinions of Osama Bin Ladens death, somehow we ended up arguing moral philosophy and conspiracy theorys with a bunch of high school kids. (well some of them are) Not to mention arguing over history and historical decisions(a-bomb, ethics of strategic bombing).

Obviously we cant all agree, so why not just leave it at letting eveyone having their own opinions however misguided you think that opinion is. We dont want to end up in a flame war.

:cheers:

Guys, this is getting ridiculous. This was supposed to be a discussion on our opinions of Osama Bin Ladens death, somehow we ended up arguing moral philosophy and conspiracy theorys with a bunch of high school kids. (well some of them are) Not to mention arguing over history and historical decisions(a-bomb, ethics of strategic bombing).

Obviously we cant all agree, so why not just leave it at letting eveyone having their own opinions however misguided you think that opinion is. We dont want to end up in a flame war.

:cheers:

Forum: a public meeting place for open discussion

So long as this remains a discussion and not a flame war, it is not ridiculous, no matter the current topic. However, I would ask that the conspiracy theory stuff be mostly kept to the Osama bin Laden conspiracy theories thread, if possible. This is as much to keep down flame wars as it is to keep the thoughts of this thread consistent for its remaining use.

For what it's worth SpeedCrazy, I only disagree with you on your point of just leaving it where it is. If the discussion wishes to continue, I wish it to continue. I don't want to disrespect you at all, I just don't want to this thread to die for the sake of us all not agreeing. Sometimes the point of a discussion or an argument is not to agree but to learn (and that can only be accomplished when the parties involved are respectful, so no flaming).

"Share your opinions with me, and at worst I think you a fool. Do not share your opinions with me, and I know you are." (No idea if anyone's said that before me, but I mean it as any other quote; something to reflect on.)

My Son did 3 tours over there with the Navy Seals and he is now out after 8 years. So what does he do? He hires on with some Govt contractor and goes to Afghanistan right near the Pakistani border. He said he was sleeping when the raid occurred. Im sure he got all the scuttlebut but he hasnt said anything yet.

Cant believe the media trying to make issues about the way the job was done. Oh well, I guess its what they do best.

So long as this remains a discussion and not a flame war, it is not ridiculous, no matter the current topic. However, I would ask that the conspiracy theory stuff be mostly kept to the Osama bin Laden conspiracy theories thread, if possible. This is as much to keep down flame wars as it is to keep the thoughts of this thread consistent for its remaining use.

For what it's worth SpeedCrazy, I only disagree with you on your point of just leaving it where it is. If the discussion wishes to continue, I wish it to continue. I don't want to disrespect you at all, I just don't want to this thread to die for the sake of us all not agreeing. Sometimes the point of a discussion or an argument is not to agree but to learn (and that can only be accomplished when the parties involved are respectful, so no flaming).

"Share your opinions with me, and at worst I think you a fool. Do not share your opinions with me, and I know you are." (No idea if anyone's said that before me, but I mean it as any other quote; something to reflect on.)

+1

While we may not all agree about something, I don't think anything has gotten out of hand yet, we're all just discussing matters and having fun, or at least I know I am. :D

Also agree on the conspiracy stuff though, I mean we have a matter here that is so big that we have three different threads going on, so we could try to divide them up properly.

I agree, but it seems to me some things are being re-used as arguments even when no longer valid and to me that means some people have got to the point where they aren't some much worried about learning and discussing as being right. But so long as it stays civil, by all means keep right on.

EDIT: Good Read.

Edited by SpeedCrazy

Nice Form :thumbsup:

I feel like this has been a great discussion for the most part!

My Son did 3 tours over there with the Navy Seals and he is now out after 8 years. So what does he do? He hires on with some Govt contractor and goes to Afghanistan right near the Pakistani border. He said he was sleeping when the raid occurred. Im sure he got all the scuttlebut but he hasnt said anything yet.

Cant believe the media trying to make issues about the way the job was done. Oh well, I guess its what they do best.

1st off, I appreciate everything that your son as well as all service members do for our country! 2nd, I as well think the media is being rediculous on making issues about the way it was done. I mean we got in, got our man, and got out.....sounds like a job well done to me!

well considering that this topic is mainly about the usa and bin laden's death.... so what are you trying to do and btw i mentioned em cause america was involved...

What i'm doing is using facts. Seems that stumped you aye?

What i'm doing is using facts. Seems that stumped you aye?

erm no but the language you are is making me think that your trying to annoy me or something? i'm also using facts by the way

turns out that dresden was bombed with 130,000 civilians killed...

i'm also using facts by the way

Then just curious where are you getting this number for the Dresden bombings?

so why did the usa join the war at the end if they didn't want to be involved?

WW1: Germany was sinking our ships. They also were trying to convince Mexico to side with them and attack the US.

WW2: Japan attacked Pearl Harbor.

You are either very ill informed on World history or trolling. If you don't know why the US got involved...well..."you mess with the bull, you get the horn" kind of goes with it. Germany was the aggressor. So was Japan. And in return they got their . pushed in.

Edited by Raiderfan001

Then just curious where are you getting this number for the Dresden bombings?

some book why?

the germans were basically doing that through out the whole war

not a reference at ww2 i knew why they declared war on japan...

i don't see where i'm going wrong

Edited by Dan The Gamer