CowKing

Osama Bin Laden is dead

Here's food for thought, President Lincoln was called a tyrant by EVERYONE, yet I don't think anyone today would call him a tyrant.

Lincoln was a tyrant, I am from today. I have proven you wrong. :D

Here is the thing that extreme conspiracy theorist and schizophreniacs have in common - No matter what, "They" will always be out to get ya ;)........No matter who is in power!

But anyways, if other countries are going to treat thier own citizens like cattle, slaughtering them whenever they feel the need. Then I am all for America getting involved and starting all these democratic revolutions throughout the middle east as well as the world! There is going to come a time when every citizen on earth will have equality and human rights. I am fine with America being the country leading the way to that time! It is a revolution, a human rights revolution! I for one am glad that with all of our power and resources, we are not sitting around and letting them go to waste! If governments of the world don't want to treat their citizens with the dignity and respect that every human deserves, then I say over throw them all! Spawn democracy everywhere, give the citizens the right to decide for themselves......give them rights period!

When you grow up some place where you already have rights, it is hard to understand the concept of not having human rights! Many do not have that luxuary because of where they were born, across the wrong lines on a map! Those same people are usually not near strong enough to challenge these tradgedies involving abuse of power. We should be lending them a hand in trying to ensure that all people have the same basic human rights......Namely the Pursuit of Happieness! USA, world police? We shouldn't have to be, but are we really going to sit back and watch these types of things happen? I hope not! Freedom is too valuable to those who have it, and w/o civilized countries getting together and making a stand against inequality, too costly for those who don't!

Here is the thing that extreme conspiracy theorist and schizophreniacs have in common - No matter what, "They" will always be out to get ya ;)........No matter who is in power!

But anyways, if other countries are going to treat thier own citizens like cattle, slaughtering them whenever they feel the need. Then I am all for America getting involved and starting all these democratic revolutions throughout the middle east as well as the world! There is going to come a time when every citizen on earth will have equality and human rights. I am fine with America being the country leading the way to that time! It is a revolution, a human rights revolution! I for one am glad that with all of our power and resources, we are not sitting around and letting them go to waste! If governments of the world don't want to treat their citizens with the dignity and respect that every human deserves, then I say over throw them all! Spawn democracy everywhere, give the citizens the right to decide for themselves......give them rights period!

When you grow up some place where you already have rights, it is hard to understand the concept of not having human rights! Many do not have that luxuary because of where they were born, across the wrong lines on a map! Those same people are usually not near strong enough to challenge these tradgedies involving abuse of power. We should be lending them a hand in trying to ensure that all people have the same basic human rights......Namely the Pursuit of Happieness! USA, world police? We shouldn't have to be, but are we really going to sit back and watch these types of things happen? I hope not! Freedom is too valuable to those who have it, and w/o civilized countries getting together and making a stand against inequality, too costly for those who don't!

We hate those that impose their wills on other people, so we go there to impose our will on them instead? Sounds like America to me. :D

Seriously, just chill out Captain Planet, we ain't no World Police. :lol:

I get made fun of for making silly jokes about how arrogant or prideful the US can be, but if somebody posts something like what you're saying, suddenly everyone is on board and I'm probably going to end sounding like the stupid guy again with this comment. That's probably how this plays out so I don't even know why I bother saying anything, my opinion will simply be shunned... oh well, time to sit back and wait for that wave to just come on in, that's why I would make such a great Japanese person. :popcorn:

We hate those that impose their wills on other people, so we go there to impose our will on them instead? Sounds like America to me. :D

Seriously, just chill out Captain Planet, we ain't no World Police. :lol:

I get made fun of for making silly jokes about how arrogant or prideful the US can be, but if somebody posts something like what you're saying, suddenly everyone is on board and I'm probably going to end sounding like the stupid guy again with this comment. That's probably how this plays out so I don't even know why I bother saying anything, my opinion will simply be shunned... oh well, time to sit back and wait for that wave to just come on in, that's why I would make such a great Japanese person. :popcorn:

I think the key word some people need to learn is Ethnocentrism which means the tendency to believe that one's ethnic or cultural group is centrally important, and that all other groups are measured in relation to one's own (Wikipedia).

While I am a believer in humans rights and equality I think that anyone who post's things like we need to encourage democratic revolutions every ware there is oppression obviously doesn't get how the world works the worlds a complicated place and a revolution doesn't always result in a better society then the one that was overthrown just look at how we supported Iran in the 1970's and know there probably one of America's worst enemies

The same thing could have happen in Egypt or any other country that over thrown there government recently it's a lot more difficult to rebuild a government then people think and if not done properly it can do more harm then good

As for the whole other conspiracy theory thing which say's if you don't like the country leave is another poor thought out type of reasoning and logic like someone said in another thread you can't just leave the country and never return unless your going to some third world country there's a long process for applying for citizenship you have to go through in most countries and just because you want to become a citizen of there country doesn't mean they will let you

Edited by fire_storm

I think the key word some people need to learn is Ethnocentrism which means the tendency to believe that one's ethnic or cultural group is centrally important, and that all other groups are measured in relation to one's own (Wikipedia).

Just to clarify I am speaking about humans as "the" group, not Americans!

While I am a believer in humans rights and equality I think that anyone who post's things like we need to encourage democratic revolutions every ware there is oppression obviously doesn't get how the world works the worlds a complicated place and a revolution doesn't always result in a better society then the one that was overthrown just look at how we supported Iran in the 1970's and know there probably one of America's worst enemies

The same thing could have happen in Egypt or any other country that over thrown there government recently it's a lot more difficult to rebuild a government then people think and if not done properly it can do more harm then good

I really hope that you are not just assuming that I have no concept of how the world works! I post a message that is about human rights and equality, and then you call me ignorant? I was trying to be inspiring about what needs to happen! But, seriously, it is obvious that things don't always turn out the right way! But at least we got the ball rolling! However in the end no matter what America and it's allies do, responsibility for these Democratic Revolutions falls on the individuals that reside where it is happening!

You can only lead a horse to water.....You cannot force that horse to drink it!

But, please comment on what I said, not about my knowledge of the world fire_storm, I doubt you know the level my knowledge pertains, just as I do not know yours :thumbsup: The main difference being, I never ASSumed I knew yours ;) I just hope that everyone would want to embrace optimistic thinking about human equality and not try to take a dump on it :whistling:

WW1? WW2? Hello...the US didn't start those. We didn't even want to be involved at first. Maybe look up "US isolationism".

um hello where did i say they did? please stop making up things, turns out that dresden was bombed with 130,000 civilians killed... so why did the usa join the war at the end if they didn't want to be involved?

Edited by Dan The Gamer

"so is america always(not that always) in a war these past few centuries? i mean first it was the first world war then second then cold war then the ones in middle east and war on terrorism?"

You're singling out the US as being involved in those specific wars. What about the rest of the countries involved? Maybe the countries that started the wars?

They're not going to show the photos of Bin Laden. That is just so shocking. You would think that the governement would have a backup PC running photoshop. PC crashes just wreck everything.

Dan, being in Ireland, are you not glad that we joined WWII? If we had not got involved, how do you think Europe would have fared on it's own? What do you think Europe would look like now? Would you be under German control? Who knows! But, you should still be thankful that the US got involved ;).

They're not going to show the photos of Bin Laden. That is just so shocking. You would think that the governement would have a backup PC running photoshop. PC crashes just wreck everything.

Be careful what you say InCrysis....."They" might come get you ;) The reasons we will probably not show photos of Bin Laden dead is because we're civilized, not because it's a conspiracy!

Dan, being in Ireland, are you not glad that we joined WWII? If we had not got involved, how do you think Europe would have fared on it's own? What do you think Europe would look like now? Would you be under German control? Who knows! But, you should still be thankful that the US got involved ;).

Be careful what you say InCrysis....."They" might come get you ;) The reasons we will probably not show photos of Bin Laden dead is because we're civilized, not because it's a conspiracy!

We are so civilized that people were on the street celebrating just like the terrorists did when the towers fell. Oh how civilized we are. Let them come get me.

We are so civilized that people were on the street celebrating just like the terrorists did when the towers fell. Oh how civilized we are. Let them come get me.

There will always be exceptions! If you compare the number of Americans celebrating in the streets with the number of Americans period......well you can do the math on the percentages you speak of being "uncivilized" ;)

"so is america always(not that always) in a war these past few centuries? i mean first it was the first world war then second then cold war then the ones in middle east and war on terrorism?"

You're singling out the US as being involved in those specific wars. What about the rest of the countries involved? Maybe the countries that started the wars?

well considering that this topic is mainly about the usa and bin laden's death.... so what are you trying to do and btw i mentioned em cause america was involved...