CowKing

Osama Bin Laden is dead

Though on the pride thing, some people have way too much.

There isn't a such thing as "too much" pride, only misguided pride!

There isn't a such thing as "too much" pride, only misguided pride!

Pride to the point that their nation can do no wrong?

Is there any other kind of pride? :D USA #1! :cool2:

Now if we could just get the conspiracy theorists to think like that.....

This is NOT describing "too much" pride Speed, you are describing misguided pride......Like I have already said!

This is NOT describing "too much" pride Speed, you are describing misguided pride......Like I have already said!

Nah, misguided pride is more like walking into a bakery shop and detonating! :D Oh wait... that's faith... huh, I don't reckon I know what I'm talking about...

To much pride is always a bad thing because it usually always leads to arrogance and ignorance

To much pride is always a bad thing because it usually always leads to arrogance and ignorance

Ya but not enough pride will get you secretly stuffed in a trash can by your friendly local FBI agent. It's important maintain a healthy balance of pride. That's why I eat Uncle Sam Cereal every morning! :D

Edit: On a serious note, I want to post something I just heard about. This is a statement put out by the Vatican about Osama.

Osama bin Laden, as we all know, bore the most serious responsibility for spreading divisions and hatred among populations, causing the deaths of innumerable people, and manipulating religions for this purpose.

In the face of a man’s death, a Christian never rejoices, but reflects on the serious responsibilities of each person before God and before men, and hopes and works so that every event may be the occasion for the further growth of peace and not of hatred.

I don't know about you guys but I'm kind of impressed by this, considering the kind of war that Christians and Muslims went through in history, I think that statement says a lot about how over time religion has become a much more mature and open minded thing.

Edited by Deathmineral

I don't know about you guys but I'm kind of impressed by this, considering the kind of war that Christians and Muslims went through in history, I think that statement says a lot about how over time religion has become a much more mature and open minded thing.

In recent times the Catholic church has always taught the importance of nonviolence and turn the other check type of attitudes

Edited by fire_storm

In recent times the Catholic church has always taught the importance of nonviolence and turn the other check type of attitudes

Only in recent times, because it sure is a far cry from where they started! But I will never fault anyone or anything that adapts for the better!

Now that he is dead can we talk about real issues like The Federal Reserve,IRS,Wiretapping,foreign policy,TSA,Home land Security,Carbon Tax,and every other restricting policy and act that our founding fathers would be rolling in their graves about?