CowKing

Osama Bin Laden is dead

This is a bit off the topic of the OP, but...

will ya'll stop bringing up the A-bombs! There is no comparison, we were at war, we had a weapon to use to end the war(or that bit of it) so why not use it? I would have

those weren't soldiers, they were civilians, and attacking civilians is called TERRORISM.

and as far as i understand it, the Allies were only a few islands from the Japanese coast. It was an extreme use of force on a civilian population. If you are fighting a guy in a room full of people and you have a grenade and a gun, are you gonna use the grenade instead of the gun because "we had a weapon...so why not use it?" BECAUSE 99% of the people you just killed are innocent. (And I realize the analogy is a poor one with my example not being at war, but you get my point...it was overkill and misguided.

IMHO

this is all an opinion, only an opinion. if you do not exercise an opinion you will have an opinion appointed to you...do you understand your rights?

blah blah blah

:foldon:

Umm, has no body seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWl8mUSDIwU&feature=player_embedded

All you have to do is watch 15 mins of it to know that it was a cover up, and either way, no matter what you say, you still don't know what the fk goes on.. You're living in delusion thinking that you know more than anyone else just because your ego sits on top of a high horse. It's insane how quickly people are to all jump on one band wagon and claim other beliefs that question your initial belief is at all invalid. Youre the same people who just go ahead and say the worlds flat because you like to seem as credible and sane as possible by following simple majority.

9/11 was a missile attack. Not air planes. Who knows who did it, not you. Realize that and get over it. The government controls you, they do what they need to do and they're only getting worse. There's no need for them to even enforce TSA like they did, there's no need for inflation the way it is, the government does what it wants with the money it prints and there's nothing you can do but take it on the back, yet you still fully support them.. as if you liked being tied up and fkd, makes no sense to me.

Im glad not everyone's as close minded as this group or else there'd be no chance of a revolution.

Open your eye's people. Really... There's no need in being another 'cow'... we have plenty of em.

OMG man...I thought you were joking until I read some of the other posts.

Many people SAW with their own eyes the planes hit the Towers. I know several myself. If you've got a conspiracy bug, pick a better topic! ROFL

those weren't soldiers, they were civilians, and attacking civilians is called TERRORISM.

and as far as i understand it, the Allies were only a few islands from the Japanese coast. It was an extreme use of force on a civilian population. If you are fighting a guy in a room full of people and you have a grenade and a gun, are you gonna use the grenade instead of the gun because "we had a weapon...so why not use it?" BECAUSE 99% of the people you just killed are innocent. (And I realize the analogy is a poor one with my example not being at war, but you get my point...it was overkill and misguided.

IMHO

this is all an opinion, only an opinion. if you do not exercise an opinion you will have an opinion appointed to you...do you understand your rights?

blah blah blah

I know we killed more people, but don't forget that civilians were killed in pearl harbor as well.

IMHO

blah blah blah

Just so you know, it was a different time back then. Bombing civilian populations was an accepted strategy. A lot of people don't know this, but more people died in the firebombings of Japan than from the nuclear bombs. The reason the nuclear bombs were used was as a shock tactic to get the emperor to surrender. If he hadn't of, I think the casualty estimates were something like a 100,000 US soldiers and over a million Japanese would have died in the invasion.

That doesn't make it right of course, but back then it was just business.

Edited by TheHippi

So... like I got a question now.

Now that we've taken revenge, and everything is fair again, is it okay to make jokes about 9/11?

So... like I got a question now.

Now that we've taken revenge, and everything is fair again, is it okay to make jokes about 9/11?

On 4chan.

Also about jokes on tragedy, this is from wikipedia but I heard it in my Psych class in relation to Bob Dwyer's suicide on television:

Many older students reacted to the event by creating black comedy jokes similar to those that circulated after the Challenger disaster. A study of the incidence of the jokes showed that they were told only in areas where networks showed uncensored footage of the press conference.

Only barely related but still interesting.

On 4chan.

Now that's what I call a bad joke. :lol:

I was actually asking the question seriously though. I'm the kind of person that loves to laugh about things, no matter what it is. However I also take a lot of things very seriously when I want to and usually that's for the purpose of creating an interesting discussion or just to hear other peoples' opinions. In this situation I'm being serious, I'm curious to know what some of you think about us finally taking revenge, I personally would like it if everyone could laugh again.

Just so you know, it was a different time back then. Bombing civilian populations was an accepted strategy. A lot of people don't know this, but more people died in the firebombings of Japan than from the nuclear bombs. The reason the nuclear bombs were used was as a shock tactic to get the emperor to surrender. If he hadn't of, I think the casualty estimates were something like a 100,000 US soldiers and over a million Japanese would have died in the invasion.

I doubt very much that killing civilians was considered accepted, but it was a total war so civilians were enemies too. In any case, it was a shock tactic and it did save lives in the end.

Think of it like this; we bombed two cities. If we had invaded we'd have to attack more than two cities before they surrendered, and that means more civilian deaths and more of our men killed. Plus, the Emperor's generals would have still had some confidence from that because it's a tactic they expected and I'll bet we'd eventually have seen some Japanese soldiers coming at our men with only a sword, like a samurai. To annihilate a city with a single weapon that you cannot stop because you're air force is gone, they could not expect and only their prayers could stop the next one.

I truly hope that war was never considered just business back then, but given the choices, the atomic bombs were the least costly in lives with the highest likelihood of success. It was the correct business decision.

Thats right, lots of other areas were heavily bombed, it was a tactic designed to demoralize the nation, and destroy its infrastructure. Have you ever heard of the Blitz, or the allied bombings of Germany? They just flattened anything they deemed important to the war effort, and if a few thousand civilians got in the way, well they were casualties of war. The main targets for the bombings were economic centers, (destroy the infrastructure), railways, military bases and encampments, and most of those objectives mean lots of people.

Read atleast the introduction to the following article from Wikipedia.

Strategic bombing during World War II is a term which refers to all aerial bombardment of a strategic nature between 1939 and 1945 involving any nations engaged in World War II. This includes the bombing of military forces, railways, harbors, cities (civilian areas), and industrial areas.

In 1939, Germany invaded Poland and the Luftwaffe (German air force) began providing tactical support to the German Army. The Luftwaffe also began eliminating strategic objectives and bombing cities in Poland. France and the United Kingdom declared war on Germany and the UK's Royal Air Force began attacking German warships along the German coast with the North Sea.[11] Meanwhile, the German bombing of Poland became an indiscriminate[12] and unrestricted aerial bombardment campaign.

As the war continued to expand, bombing by both the Axis and Allied powers increased significantly. Military and industrial installations were targeted, but so were cities and civilian populations. Targeting cities and civilians was viewed as a psychological weapon to break the enemy's will to fight. From 1940–1941, Germany used this weapon in its 'Blitz' against Britain.[13] From 1940 onward, the intensity of the British bombing campaign against Germany became less restrictive, increasingly targeting industrial sites and eventually, civilian areas.[14][15] By 1943, the United States had significantly reinforced these efforts. The controversial firebombings of Hamburg (1943), Dresden (1945) and other German cities followed.[16] The effect of strategic bombing varied depending on duration and intensity. Both the Luftwaffe and RAF failed to deliver a knockout blow by destroying enemy morale. However, strategic bombing of military targets could significantly reduce enemy industrial capacity and production.[17][18]

In the Pacific theatre, the Japanese bombed Chongqing repeatedly until 1943. U.S. strategic bombing of the Japanese Empire began in earnest in October 1944.[19] Earlier, small-scale attacks by the U.S. out of China had been hampered by the task of delivering supplies over the Himalaya foothills (known as "The Hump"), as well as by enormous Chinese graft.[when defined as?]. Missions out of Saipan escalated into widespread fire-bombing, which culminated in the 1945 atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the Japanese surrender six days later. In the opinion of inter-war proponents, the surrender of Japan vindicated strategic bombing.[20]

I know we killed more people, but don't forget that civilians were killed in pearl harbor as well.

how many considering most people were killed at the harbor itself? a few thousand v a few hundred thousand either way innocent people died... japan was the perfect place to test the new weapon... so is america always(not that always) in a war these past few centuries? i mean first it was the first world war then second then cold war then the ones in middle east and war on terrorism?

so is america always(not that always) in a war these past few centuries? i mean first it was the first world war then second then cold war then the ones in middle east and war on terrorism?

WW1? WW2? Hello...the US didn't start those. We didn't even want to be involved at first. Maybe look up "US isolationism".

Umm, has no body seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWl8mUSDIwU&feature=player_embedded

All you have to do is watch 15 mins of it to know that it was a cover up, and either way, no matter what you say, you still don't know what the fk goes on.. You're living in delusion thinking that you know more than anyone else just because your ego sits on top of a high horse. It's insane how quickly people are to all jump on one band wagon and claim other beliefs that question your initial belief is at all invalid. Youre the same people who just go ahead and say the worlds flat because you like to seem as credible and sane as possible by following simple majority.

9/11 was a missile attack. Not air planes. Who knows who did it, not you. Realize that and get over it. The government controls you, they do what they need to do and they're only getting worse. There's no need for them to even enforce TSA like they did, there's no need for inflation the way it is, the government does what it wants with the money it prints and there's nothing you can do but take it on the back, yet you still fully support them.. as if you liked being tied up and fkd, makes no sense to me.

Im glad not everyone's as close minded as this group or else there'd be no chance of a revolution.

Open your eye's people. Really... There's no need in being another 'cow'... we have plenty of em.

You just lost any shred of credibility you ever had. :down: