CowKing

Osama Bin Laden is dead

I wish that we had gotten him alive simply so we could throw him in prison cell and leave him to rot like the French did with Carlos the jackal. That way he couldn't be considered a martyr.

Just because people consider something to be moral doesn't mean it's right. In most muslim countries not only is it considered morally righteous to execute apostates it's considered immoral not to do so. Does most of their culture believing it to be moral make it right? I don't think so.

Morality is nothing more than a place on the scale between good and evil as considered by society. Please don't go thinking that something being moral makes it right.

Basically, watch this video and you'll see what I mean.

Okay, I think I can explain this with wikipedia. :lol:

Morality

As you can see there, the article describes Descriptive and Normative morality. The way I'm saying it is the latter, it is the definitive or ideal way or morality. Now I'm not saying morals in the real world work that way, but the way morality is intended does work that way.

Edited by Deathmineral

Okay, I think I can explain this with wikipedia. :lol:

Morality

As you can see there, the article describes Descriptive and Normative morality. The way I'm saying it is the latter, it is the definitive or ideal way or morality. Now I'm not saying morals in the real world work that way, but the way morality is intended does work that way.

I can understand that, but when most people say something is moral they mean it in the descriptive sense, even if they don't think they do, and that's how you were using it in that post.

I can understand that, but when most people say something is moral they mean it in the descriptive sense, even if they don't think they do, and that's how you were using it in that post.

Which post? I've posted so many now it's hard to know which one you mean. If you mean my posts about morality, I'm pretty sure all of that was said using the idea of normative morality. If you're talking about my posts on the way people should act about Osama's death, then you're right, I was pretty much just stating the way I feel about it.

Edited by Deathmineral

Morality goes out the window with mass murder. He chose to resist and was fatally injured and died. Simple. You can throw morality out all day long but deep down inside you are glad that he has paid the price for his actions. All it takes is one madman to turn the world upside down. This man did it and will go down in history with the likes of Adolph Hitler albeit on a smaller (Currently) scale. Just be glad he is dead and move on. He was not trying to make a better place for his people he was waging war and war has consequences. Liken this to Isreal hunting down the assassins from the 1972 games. It took some time but justice was served.

Real or not, this better get our damn troops and money home. Case Closed. (may actually read through this giant thread later....)

Umm, has no body seen:

VIDEO

All you have to do is watch 15 mins of it to know that it was a cover up, and either way, no matter what you say, you still don't know what the fk goes on.. You're living in delusion thinking that you know more than anyone else just because your ego sits on top of a high horse. It's insane how quickly people are to all jump on one band wagon and claim other beliefs that question your initial belief is at all invalid. Youre the same people who just go ahead and say the worlds flat because you like to seem as credible and sane as possible by following simple majority.

9/11 was a missile attack. Not air planes. Who knows who did it, not you. Realize that and get over it. The government controls you, they do what they need to do and they're only getting worse. There's no need for them to even enforce TSA like they did, there's no need for inflation the way it is, the government does what it wants with the money it prints and there's nothing you can do but take it on the back, yet you still fully support them.. as if you liked being tied up and fkd, makes no sense to me.

Im glad not everyone's as close minded as this group or else there'd be no chance of a revolution.

Open your eye's people. Really... There's no need in being another 'cow'... we have plenty of em.

This is what I hate about conspiracy believers, they always think they know it all and call everyone else an idiot. You should learn to have some respect for others even if you disagree with them. It's stuff like "morals getting thrown out the window" that makes a person less enjoyable to be around and converse with.

Okay, let's lay out a scenario, I think it will help.

Girl: I don't rape!

Rapist: Well I do like rape.

Girl: OH NOES! HELP ME! HELP ME!

Bystander: Hmmm... that girl looks like she is in pain, but my religion really tells me it's her fault anyway, so it's okay to just let this happen.

Do you see how that works? Just because someone thinks differently, doesn't mean that it's okay.

Way to misrepresent what I said. I didn't say I think its okay, I don't think rape is morally acceptable, but that doesn't mean that there aren't a group of people who think it is righteous to rape certain women.

http://www.iran-bulletin.org/women/RAPE.html

Also there is more than one way for women to be legally raped in Iran. I don't support it, they do, they think they're right. I'm sure there are plenty of people there who wouldn't think it was right but there are people there who do and would give their approval. Your example says nothing except that you think that I was advocating that rape be allowed in societies which approve it, that's not what I was saying; To rephrase here was the intended message of my previous post: There are places where rape is socially acceptable therefore morals are subjective.

Sorry Tommy, but i loled so hard after reading your post.

i agree with ccokeman, loads of people actually saw the planes. The rest of us saw some low quality footage. Guess which is more reliable.

You guessed it.... the eyewitnesses.

• Like 1

Here's something interesting:

However, to give "W" credit, I think he was speaking the truth. His first thoughts would be, "what an idiot pilot", and not "someone intentionally crashed into a building". :P

LMAO, I think Tom's cheeze melted awhile back ;)

People that blindly believe the conspiracy theories are just as ignorant as the people that they think are blind!