$2200 build suggestions?

AlienEd

The thermaltake frio won't fit in my nzxt phantom, any other suggestions?

In that case, are you sure something like the V6T will fit?

I'm not sure if you want to go this route, but something like the H70 might be something to consider.

In that case, are you sure something like the V6T will fit?

I'm not sure if you want to go this route, but something like the H70 might be something to consider.

I'm not 100% sure if it will fit, I think it will because I found a couple of builds with the Phantom and the V6GT as their cooler, didn't say if they removed the side 120mm fan though. The H70 it's a very nice option but $99? Is it worth it?

i say the more ram the better. the difference betweem 16gb 1333 is going to better than 8gb of 1600. at the same price you can't go wrong with it.

also if your getting a SSD for boot times that great but is 5seconds really worth $200? also when playing games online you have to wait for the server to load before you can play so it's mostly pointless in that aspect, games are going to go the same.

Edited by hornybluecow

I would recommend a Antec Kuhler 620 if you're willing to spend the $80 on a great cooler. Or go for a H60 for $56 after rebate. Also, I'd suggest getting 2 GTX460's instead of the 560 ti's. It will shave close to $200 off the build, and give you very nearly the same performance.

If you want to drop the Budget down a bit and still have a very good cooler Then I would go to the Coolermaster Hyper 212+. Its much cheaper then the V6 and is a great performer.

Other then that I would Swap the Gigabyte cards over to EVGA 560's or 570's. I have dealt with both manufactures and EVGA has the best support over the two even though they are a bit more expensive.

Other then that looks like a solid set-up. Cant go wrong with an Asus board and Mushkin anything.

My thoughts, Boinker.

BTW: I agree and disagree with Horneybluecow.

Its not only boot time that you gain its system responsiveness and OS reaction time that really bring the system to life even without a large OC. This is even more noticeable on a HSDL ssd (high speed data link). The one you have posted will work just fine and I totally recommend it to be used. But you can go even further and use This Revo Drive And it will be even quicker then the one you have posted, the same amount of storage, and its 20 dollars cheaper.

Win win. :D

If you want to drop the Budget down a bit and still have a very good cooler Then I would go to the Coolermaster Hyper 212+. Its much cheaper then the V6 and is a great performer.

Thanks, looks like a nice option and it doesn't looks too huge, maybe it could fit into my Phantom case.

Other then that I would Swap the Gigabyte cards over to EVGA 560's or 570's. I have dealt with both manufactures and EVGA has the best support over the two even though they are a bit more expensive.

I was originally going to buy EVGA for their lifetime warranty and, as you said, their excellent customer support, but then someone told me that their cooling was not very good when trying to OC those cards, that's why I went with the Gigabytes at the end.