ticktock

Recommend a Good heatsink?

AMD stock heatsink :thumbsup:

isn't the AMD heatsink loud? i'm using the AMD phenom II 955 heatsink, its loud when playing games but quiet when browsing the web.

AMD stock heatsink :thumbsup:

isn't the AMD heatsink loud? i'm using the AMD phenom II 955 heatsink, its loud when playing games but quiet when browsing the web.

Sorry for the late reply guys, and thankyou so much for the suggestions!

I'm from the Philippines. We've got the Hyper 212 plus here. But is it any good? I mean like thermaltake frio good? I here and have read that the thermaltake frio is very good.

Some of the people here have been suggesting that I get the DeepCool GamerStorm, but kinda skeptical about that. Really want the frio and am really in the verge of buying a second hand one. The OCK one just costs too much!

What are you cooling? Also do you have a link to where you're buying from, or able to list whats available?

I am cooling a amd phenom 965be

We have deepcool here, thermaltake, coolermaster and noctua. That's what about I can remember from the top of my head. Problem here with my country is that when the local distributors don't distribute the items the sellers don't know where else to get their items.

We also have prolimatech here too, but I think I cant fit that in my nzxt lexa s though

Edited by ticktock

I am cooling a amd phenom 965be

We have deepcool here, thermaltake, coolermaster and noctua. That's what about I can remember from the top of my head. Problem here with my country is that when the local distributors don't distribute the items the sellers don't know where else to get their items.

A CM Hyper 212+ Can keep a Phenom II x6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz nice and cool, im sure it can keep the 965 quad-core nice and cool too biggrin.gif. Point is... for any PhenomII the Hyper 212+ is all your need. Save some money and get a great cooler while your at it too.

A CM Hyper 212+ Can keep a Phenom II x6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz nice and cool, im sure it can keep the 965 quad-core nice and cool too biggrin.gif. Point is... for any PhenomII the Hyper 212+ is all your need. Save some money and get a great cooler while your at it too.

Thanks for the great suggestion! by any chance is the hyper 212 plus better than the frio or the deepcool gamer storm?

Thanks for the great suggestion! by any chance is the hyper 212 plus better than the frio or the deepcool gamer storm?

No the Frio beats it and yes I think its better than the Deepcool since isnt Deepcool some cheap brand ? Hyper 212+ FTW !

I believe both the other coolers are better than the Hyper 212+... So if you can find them for similar amounts of $$ then they will be good deals as well. Out of the three we are talking about the Frio is by far the best though. Frio is actually one of the top coolers available. Its pretty much toe-to-toe with the self contained water units, and just a few degree's warmer than the Megahalems or NH-D14. So if you can find a Frio for a good price then buy that up! If not, then just get the Hyper 212+ for cheap.

No the Frio beats it and yes I think its better than the Deepcool since isnt Deepcool some cheap brand ? Hyper 212+ FTW !

I believe the deepcool gamerstorm is the twin brother of the Alpenfцhn Matterhorn cooler, based on my research and on what I have read.

@MercuryDoun:

Thank you so much for all the help I believe I am kinda decided now, just gotta talk to myself and my wallet to make sure of what to buy haha.

Noctua-D14 is the leader in Air. Hyper 212 is average maybe a lil above avg.

Noctua-D14 is the leader in Air. Hyper 212 is average maybe a lil above avg.

Depends on what you classify as average.

It's certainly one of the best price/performance heatsinks available.