Sign in to follow this  
Waco

Parts stores bother me...

oh yeah sorry once again a brain fart, i thought it was turbocharged for some reason

Yeah I got the last year before they switched over.

i was going to buy a turbo setup for my g5, but i decided to upgrade almost every computer in my and my brothers house, lol, o man how the money goes when your shopping at newegg

auto parts stores wont have that....you'll have to go to an exhaust shop and even then its iffy. Unless they carry tuner exhaust it isnt happening basically you want a 2-bolt exhaust flange and/or gasket

A nice tuned header on a supercharged car will work nicely...I;d do it but if you really want it to work then you'll need a cam swap...the cam on the stock stuff is designed to do what the exhaust cannot so when you step up the exhaust the cam is out to lunch so to speak. if you add a free flowing exhaust and a header then you really scavenge the cylinder well...on a stock cam and super charged apps you'll end up pulling teh fuel charge into the exhaust and it will be on fire still...hence you'll burn the header and shorten its life...of coarse staying off the loud peddle will help but who does that right?

A friend of mine has a newer Cobalt. Not sure what the specs are, but when he lays into the throttle... it sounds like someone's farting. First time I heard it, I was like :rofl:, second time I was like :haha:

This happens to me all the time when I need to buy parts for my turbo honda. I have to run colder spark plugs and trying to explain that to the clerk that keeps telling me I need the ones that come up on the computer is like pulling teeth.

When I got my exhaust put on, I needed a bracket welded on the muffler to hang it up on the frame and the guy comes back and tells me that they can't weld stainless..?

Sometimes buying tires for aftermarket rims gets to be pretty frustrating as well.

There are some people that just don't get it I suppose haha.

i was ordering parts from advance, and i got on their website and found what i needed it even told me a store had it in stock, they were connecting rod bearings for a 1967, 283 out of a impalla that im using in my el camino, and i called the store to confirm and the guy said we cant even get those, i said i saw them on your website, i found them with the same info you put into your computer, and after calming down i asked him, if i gave him the part number would it help, and he grumbled that he had his doubts, but what do you know they had all 8 in stock and im almost done building this engine, just timing cover, carb, aircleaner, and oilpan.

When I got my exhaust put on, I needed a bracket welded on the muffler to hang it up on the frame and the guy comes back and tells me that they can't weld stainless..?

in that guys defence your not "supposed" to weld stainless, when you do it releases toxins and its really nasty stuff thats why your not supposed to weld stainless in a muffler shop, at least i think, maybe its galvanized that releases toxins, i dunno

Speaking of which, I went to compusa (tigerdirect) today to pick up a b/g/n router. I asked a sales rep where the routers were, and obviously, he wouldn't leave me alone. I asked him for a b/g/n router, and he then tells me that most people use n. I don't give a crap what most people use, I want a b/g/n router. Then he tries to sell me an n router, assuming all my computers are n capable. I ask him for a b/g/n router after he tries to sell me an n router, and he tells me yet again that most people use n. :mfp::pfp:

in that guys defence your not "supposed" to weld stainless, when you do it releases toxins and its really nasty stuff thats why your not supposed to weld stainless in a muffler shop, at least i think, maybe its galvanized that releases toxins, i dunno

thats galvanized...stainless is fine to weld considering they know how to weld stainless...

283s are my all time favorite engine. I built myself one little naty one back in high school way back in 1988 for my 57 Chevy. That engine has been in a couple cars since then including an 83 camaro and now a 87 Monte Carlo.

I still have that engine and it has only 6,000-8,000 miles although most of them has been hard miles and its seen more time at 8,000rpm then it has idle. been a pretty sweet engine and I got low 12s at the drags..

Currently it still has these specs.

Stock bore (66 impala/chevelle)

Stock cast pistons (flat top 2-relief)

1967 camel hump heads 1.94 intake and 1.72 exhaust valves

Cam Dynamic 283 cam this is an old style 495/230 cam pretty nasty cam from back in the day

small tube headers

Edelbrock performer Q-Jet intake

795 cfm Q-Jet modified by myself

I plan to change this to a better set of aluminum heads and a roller cam and maybe some super light weight pistons while I have it out...prolly pick up another 100hp then maybe some spray lol

Luckily at the Fry's nearby, when i go there and ask "where are the PC controllers", he shows me then leaves. Which is weird since i'm only 14, i would have thought he would have swindled my mom (who knows nothing about computers) into buying the most expensive controller in the world or something. Then once i picked up the controller and walked out of the isle I saw him again. He started saying "that's a great controller, but this one is better". I just shoved my way past him, ignoring him completely, and bought it. LOL.

Lol, i love know-it-all sales assistants, i was in Sears, and while there went to take a look at their adio equiptment because a friend had told me there were some deals on, well i get in there and ask for computer audio, he says "Audio? Right this way." I look around and i cant find anything computer related so i ask again. He gestures at the whole corner of the store and says over trhere. I look still nothing. I go ask again, and he says "Ohhh... computer audio we dont sell that. Can i interest you in a......(bluray sumat i dont recal)?" I left.

I usually deal with NAPA whenever I need car parts, their sales clerks seem to be the most knowledgeable on average.

Now that my friend works at a dealership I can get discount parts through him and know they'll be able to get me everything accurately ;)