Things people say that shock you

iskout

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the first time in my life i have felt the urge to strike a woman, of course i wouldn't, but why would you put this video up, why, im going to bed very irritated now.

that you can't have her :teehee:

The topic of global warming, fuel and some other crap came up one day. Were were all talking and my sister had a confused look on her face, apparently see needed to be explained that the term 'fossil fuel' pretty much literally meant FOSSIL FUEL.

She sat there with a bewildered look on her face as I was explaining that the petroleum is made up of decayed organism/animal and plant matter from hundred of millions of years ago, she did a facepalm for about 10 seconds and proclaimed that she never thought much about the term.

It really is a strange term, since the fossilization process replaces soft material with minerals. It literally turns things into rocks, which as you know cannot really be used as fuel. :P

I'm pregnant and its not your...LOL

One of the most shocking things in my life was when I experienced Factory work for the short time in my life. I met a guy by the name of Brian who was just out of the Military and he also worked at this factory. He moved into the Department I worked in and was rather quiet.

I worked with him for a few short weeks and we talked a little bit. I found out he had 2 children, a little boy and a little girl. Come to find out later on I had when to Junior Achievement (JA) with his wife before they were even married while he was in the Military.

One day I had went to his house for lunch and I noticed it was pretty bare. I didnt think anything about it and we went back to work. That Friday he invited me over so after work I went to his house. We just chilled out and he kinda opened up a little and said him and his wife were having marriage issues and her and the kids were staying at her mothers...He didnt go into detail and when working with him you would NOT have known him to have any trouble he was very good at letting on there was no problems and eveything was peachy in his life. I mean he was like everyone else and seemed quite fine but on the inside I am sure he was a very confused individual.

So on that very Friday while I was at his house things seemed to be Okay and we talked about many things, about work, life and our kids. At that time in my life I only had my 2 girls. After our talk I thanked him for being cool and told him I had to get home to the kids and I proceeded to leave. I drive off and head home I get 2 miles down the road and I had to pull over for an Ambulance and Fire Truck. Not thinking anything I went home.

Monday Morning I head into work and as soon as I get there one of my Other friend came up to me and asked me..."did you hear about Brian?" I replied no what happened?.... Brian killed himself Friday afternoon around 6pm...

All of a sudden it hit me...I left his house at 6pm and the Ambulance and firetruck I passed were enroute to his house. He SHOT HIMSELF right after I left. WTF man thats kinda haunted me to this very day...Was he reaching out for help and I didnt catch the signal???

Appearently Brian had gotten a call from his estranged wife at the time I left. Some arguing went on and he shot himself while on the phone to his wife. Honestly I didnt like his wife before they were married and I really didnt like her after either...come to find out she was having an affair and it was more than he could take...

sad part is the 2 children were very small and never got to know their dad and I know she was one of those to fill their heads with crap and sure to make it look like it was all his fault he's not around.

it still bothers me to this very day.................

Something like this just happened to me on March 24th.

A friend of mine who was in his seventies used to come by and visit with me at work for the last 2 years. Well last summer his stepson who is in his 40's came to live with them. Well he turned out to be a dead beat. :glare: They ended up supporting him and his drinking. When he did work the odd job he never gave them any more for bills, food etc etc. So over the last few months it was starting to come to a head the stepson started getting more aggressive and threatening etc. Then at the beginning of March the stepson threw Bernard on the ground.

Bernard had enough and called the police and the stepson was arrested and charge with assault. So his wife decides to side with her son and she leaves the house to figure out who she is going to support. So over the next three weeks Bernard came to see me just about every day to vent or just to have someone to talk too. Sometimes he would be there for 4 or 5 hours at a time. I didn't mind and I enjoyed his company.

March 24th comes, its the wifes surprise birthday party. I am excited got everything planned out, everyone is coming to the event of the year. Bernard comes to work that day, we talk for a while like normal, everything seems ok. He tells me he is going to go home and cleanup and stuff and for me to have a good day.

He went straight home and killed himself. I have sat back for the last few weeks, wondering if I missed something? Did he say something that I missed completely? Was I so focused on the birthday party and I just didn't hear?

I feel for ya Terry its a tough pill to swallow. He came to say goodbye and I didn't even pick up on it :cry:

Now I see the deadbeat stepson, driving Bernard's nice truck around town, acting like he is something special the f----- loser....... :angry:

Something like this just happened to me on March 24th.

A friend of mine who was in his seventies used to come by and visit with me at work for the last 2 years. Well last summer his stepson who is in his 40's came to live with them. Well he turned out to be a dead beat. :glare: They ended up supporting him and his drinking. When he did work the odd job he never gave them any more for bills, food etc etc. So over the last few months it was starting to come to a head the stepson started getting more aggressive and threatening etc. Then at the beginning of March the stepson threw Bernard on the ground.

Bernard had enough and called the police and the stepson was arrested and charge with assault. So his wife decides to side with her son and she leaves the house to figure out who she is going to support. So over the next three weeks Bernard came to see me just about every day to vent or just to have someone to talk too. Sometimes he would be there for 4 or 5 hours at a time. I didn't mind and I enjoyed his company.

March 24th comes, its the wifes surprise birthday party. I am excited got everything planned out, everyone is coming to the event of the year. Bernard comes to work that day, we talk for a while like normal, everything seems ok. He tells me he is going to go home and cleanup and stuff and for me to have a good day.

He went straight home and killed himself. I have sat back for the last few weeks, wondering if I missed something? Did he say something that I missed completely? Was I so focused on the birthday party and I just didn't hear?

I feel for ya Terry its a tough pill to swallow. He came to say goodbye and I didn't even pick up on it :cry:

Now I see the deadbeat stepson, driving Bernard's nice truck around town, acting like he is something special the f----- loser....... :angry:

Thanks man....

glad I am not the only one who's had this type of situation...some just dont understand. It's just something thats really bothered me for the last 20+ years and even though it goes away for periods of time it just pops out and we go over it again and again. I just dont beat myself up over it like I used to...luckily I have never run into his ex after the funeral.... It's just sad to see the good ones go and the POS's sick around