Things people say that shock you

iskout

A friend of mine told me today that he'd never heard of CapCom Federal Credit Union before. This actually kind of shocked me, because I hadn't thought that anyone WOULDN'T know what CapCom was, at least not around me (He's lived near me for his entire life- almost 20 years lol)

My girlfriend had never heard of Java programming before.

What things have people said/done/do/never heard of have shocked you?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your friend was shot and killed last night at a party... i got this call from another buddy of mine... on mothers day of all days. the only thing i could think about while he was telling me what had happened was that his mom had to of receive that call as well. just broke my heart.

I'm pregnant and its not your...LOL

One of the most shocking things in my life was when I experienced Factory work for the short time in my life. I met a guy by the name of Brian who was just out of the Military and he also worked at this factory. He moved into the Department I worked in and was rather quiet.

I worked with him for a few short weeks and we talked a little bit. I found out he had 2 children, a little boy and a little girl. Come to find out later on I had when to Junior Achievement (JA) with his wife before they were even married while he was in the Military.

One day I had went to his house for lunch and I noticed it was pretty bare. I didnt think anything about it and we went back to work. That Friday he invited me over so after work I went to his house. We just chilled out and he kinda opened up a little and said him and his wife were having marriage issues and her and the kids were staying at her mothers...He didnt go into detail and when working with him you would NOT have known him to have any trouble he was very good at letting on there was no problems and eveything was peachy in his life. I mean he was like everyone else and seemed quite fine but on the inside I am sure he was a very confused individual.

So on that very Friday while I was at his house things seemed to be Okay and we talked about many things, about work, life and our kids. At that time in my life I only had my 2 girls. After our talk I thanked him for being cool and told him I had to get home to the kids and I proceeded to leave. I drive off and head home I get 2 miles down the road and I had to pull over for an Ambulance and Fire Truck. Not thinking anything I went home.

Monday Morning I head into work and as soon as I get there one of my Other friend came up to me and asked me..."did you hear about Brian?" I replied no what happened?.... Brian killed himself Friday afternoon around 6pm...

All of a sudden it hit me...I left his house at 6pm and the Ambulance and firetruck I passed were enroute to his house. He SHOT HIMSELF right after I left. WTF man thats kinda haunted me to this very day...Was he reaching out for help and I didnt catch the signal???

Appearently Brian had gotten a call from his estranged wife at the time I left. Some arguing went on and he shot himself while on the phone to his wife. Honestly I didnt like his wife before they were married and I really didnt like her after either...come to find out she was having an affair and it was more than he could take...

sad part is the 2 children were very small and never got to know their dad and I know she was one of those to fill their heads with crap and sure to make it look like it was all his fault he's not around.

it still bothers me to this very day.................

I'm pregnant and its not your...LOL

One of the most shocking things in my life was when I experienced Factory work for the short time in my life. I met a guy by the name of Brian who was just out of the Military and he also worked at this factory. He moved into the Department I worked in and was rather quiet.

I worked with him for a few short weeks and we talked a little bit. I found out he had 2 children, a little boy and a little girl. Come to find out later on I had when to Junior Achievement (JA) with his wife before they were even married while he was in the Military.

One day I had went to his house for lunch and I noticed it was pretty bare. I didnt think anything about it and we went back to work. That Friday he invited me over so after work I went to his house. We just chilled out and he kinda opened up a little and said him and his wife were having marriage issues and her and the kids were staying at her mothers...He didnt go into detail and when working with him you would NOT have known him to have any trouble he was very good at letting on there was no problems and eveything was peachy in his life. I mean he was like everyone else and seemed quite fine but on the inside I am sure he was a very confused individual.

So on that very Friday while I was at his house things seemed to be Okay and we talked about many things, about work, life and our kids. At that time in my life I only had my 2 girls. After our talk I thanked him for being cool and told him I had to get home to the kids and I proceeded to leave. I drive off and head home I get 2 miles down the road and I had to pull over for an Ambulance and Fire Truck. Not thinking anything I went home.

Monday Morning I head into work and as soon as I get there one of my Other friend came up to me and asked me..."did you hear about Brian?" I replied no what happened?.... Brian killed himself Friday afternoon around 6pm...

All of a sudden it hit me...I left his house at 6pm and the Ambulance and firetruck I passed were enroute to his house. He SHOT HIMSELF right after I left. WTF man thats kinda haunted me to this very day...Was he reaching out for help and I didnt catch the signal???

Appearently Brian had gotten a call from his estranged wife at the time I left. Some arguing went on and he shot himself while on the phone to his wife. Honestly I didnt like his wife before they were married and I really didnt like her after either...come to find out she was having an affair and it was more than he could take...

sad part is the 2 children were very small and never got to know their dad and I know she was one of those to fill their heads with crap and sure to make it look like it was all his fault he's not around.

it still bothers me to this very day.................

Holy toledo that's some heavy stuff :blink:

The topic of global warming, fuel and some other crap came up one day. Were were all talking and my sister had a confused look on her face, apparently see needed to be explained that the term 'fossil fuel' pretty much literally meant FOSSIL FUEL.

She sat there with a bewildered look on her face as I was explaining that the petroleum is made up of decayed organism/animal and plant matter from hundred of millions of years ago, she did a facepalm for about 10 seconds and proclaimed that she never thought much about the term.

"The test came back positive"

:lol: I'm assuming that's a pregnancy test. If not, I'm sorry.

I don't know... I'm pretty easy going, so even if I have been shocked by something, I've gotten past it and forgotten. If something happens soon enough that I still remember this thread, I'll post it.

Edited by Guest_Jim_*

:lol: I'm assuming that's a pregnancy test. If not, I'm sorry.

I don't know... I'm pretty easy going, so even if I have been shocked by something, I've gotten past it and forgotten. If something happens soon enough that I still remember this thread, I'll post it.

Yes lol...

my buddy told his girlfriend on his first date that he will make sure her throat was well plumbed, she laughed and said what?

he was wasted

Thats just hilarious. Jesus she must be slow...

I was shocked when I was talking to a korean friend of mine, apparently they all call computers CPUs over there... I never knew that. quite strange....

Thats just hilarious. Jesus she must be slow...

I was shocked when I was talking to a korean friend of mine, apparently they all call computers CPUs over there... I never knew that. quite strange....

Lol, i find that working with most sound techs, they label the computer input CPU, i asked a guy about it once and he said "well it is isn't it?"