1055t on smp 4 faster than oc'ed 965 on smp 4

camaro_dude15

i started running the 1055 stock clocked on smp 4 becuase it was to loud, and its doing a percent in about 6 mins, 8 seconds, my 965 0ced to 3.8 on the same smp 4, runs in 7 mins 15 seconds, average, they are running the same client the same amount of cores, and even the same core and unit, i dunno i thought it was weird, what do you think

i started running the 1055 stock clocked on smp 4 becuase it was to loud, and its doing a percent in about 6 mins, 8 seconds, my 965 0ced to 3.8 on the same smp 4, runs in 7 mins 15 seconds, average, they are running the same client the same amount of cores, and even the same core and unit, i dunno i thought it was weird, what do you think

It's probably because you've got 2 extra cores to run your OS. :)

Think about it like this. That 1055T is like 1.5x a 965

You should know better than that.

The 1055T is only 1.5 times as fast if you're using 6 processes/threads.

You should know better than that.

The 1055T is only 1.5 times as fast if you're using 6 processes/threads.

Which is what the SMP client does. Yes I know that a single(or for that matter a quad) threaded program is going to run the same between those two processors.

Which is what the SMP client does. Yes I know that a single(or for that matter a quad) threaded program is going to run the same between those two processors.

:mfp:

Please read the first post before posting next time. He's running with the smp flag set to 4 which limits the number of threads to 4.

Please read the first post before posting next time. He's running with the smp flag set to 4 which limits the number of threads to 4.

Yeah, I didn't read that part. :thx:

With just the information he gave I would imagine those 2 other threads are really helping the other 4 threads by not allowing them to be interrupted.

Any difference between the operating systems? RAM latency? Etc?

ah yes the 1055 is running with 4gbs ddr2, and vista 32 bit remember i asked if it matters, and the 965 is win 7 64 bit and 8 gbs ddr3, but that should still put the 965 on top, unless the tighter timings on the dddr2 are better than faster clocked ddr3

here are exact specs

ddr2

4096 mbs

401.8 mhz, or 800

ddr3 i dunno about the speed it shows on cpu-z jumping around

535-545 mhz?

Hm...something else must be running that's eating up cycles on the 965. I don't think the difference between 32 bit Vista and 64 bit 7 is that drastic.

Hm...something else must be running that's eating up cycles on the 965. I don't think the difference between 32 bit Vista and 64 bit 7 is that drastic.

You already answered that question, on the 1055 it has two free cores to run system processes, on the 965 it does not, the system has to borrow cycles from the fah client.