Serious Breach of Security on PSN

WhenKittensATK

Still can't beat the deals on Xbox Live stuff with Amazon though - 1yr sub is currently 27% off ($43) and I wouldn't even pay that as i've seen them for $37. Lowest i've seen the points go for is probably 3 dollars off.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still can't beat the deals on Xbox Live stuff with Amazon though - 1yr sub is currently 27% off ($43) and I wouldn't even pay that as i've seen them for $37. Lowest i've seen the points go for is probably 3 dollars off.

That's still $43 more than PSN, Wii, or PC. That's not what I would call an advantage in the market. :lol:

That's still $43 more than PSN, Wii, or PC. That's not what I would call an advantage in the market. :lol:

I hate to go for the low blow but I don't call being down for a security breach of personal information an advantage either - :rofl:

Perhaps XBL can actually pay for a secure infrastructure :dunno:

I hate to go for the low blow but I don't call being down for a security breach of personal information an advantage either - :rofl:

Perhaps XBL can actually pay for a secure infrastructure :dunno:

Strange... Steam, D2D, Pulse, OnLive, Wii Store, none of these require you to pay for your membership and yet this hasn't happened to them either. Where as PSN does have a PSN Plus which apparently didn't allow for them to pay for a secure infrastructure, like you're saying it should.

Edit: I forgot online does make you pay for membership.

Edited by Deathmineral

OnLive none of these require you to pay for your membership

Edit: I forgot online does make you pay for membership.

They made OnLive free to use, unless you want to subscribe to their PlayPack (get unlimited playtime with certain games for $10/month). You will still have to buy games that aren't available on the PlayPack to play them though (Some of the games give you a full-access demo).

Edited by Krazyxazn

They made OnLive free to use, unless you want to subscribe to their PlayPack (get unlimited playtime with certain games for $10/month). You will still have to buy games that aren't available on the PlayPack to play them though (Some of the games give you a full-access demo).

Ah I see... that actually sounds like a pretty good deal then.

The PSN is a pretty lackluster online service. Much better then Nintendo's but does not compare to XBL. Friends want to login on little big planet to get trophies? to bad. And Home?

. Don't even get me started on the PS3's multitasking or lack of.

The PSN is a pretty lackluster online service. Much better then Nintendo's but does not compare to XBL. Friends want to login on little big planet to get trophies? to bad. And Home?

. Don't even get me started on the PS3's multitasking or lack of.

What do you mean you can't just login to LBP and play with friends for trophies? (Pre-PSN shutdown)

Home, Free Realms, welcome to the start of Free-to-Play games with micro-transactions on consoles (no longer PC only).

As for multitasking, I'm not really sure how consoles separate from each other in functionality.

Edited by Krazyxazn

What do you mean you can't just login to LBP and play with friends for trophies? (Pre-PSN shutdown)

Home, Free Realms, welcome to the start of Free-to-Play games with micro-transactions on consoles (no longer PC only).

As for multitasking, I'm not really sure how consoles separate from each other in functionality.

Just when playing local co-op. Only the lead player can login on his/hers PSN account. XBL allows any player to log on his/her account when playing a co-op game. When streaming/playing music on the PS3 it will stop any time you go into anything except internet and I think the PS store. Getting it to play music while gaming is pretty close to impossible. While the Xbox 360 allows you to stream/play music while doing anything except go into system settings. Microsoft was smart in there OS design basically the music player is a separate program so games don't have to worry about supporting it like the original xbox. When you go into netflix it will keep you music playing until you select a movie then it pauses and resumes after. I am the type of person who always has music going unless I am playing a single-player game or co-op, so it is a real deal breaker for me.

Just when playing local co-op. Only the lead player can login on his/hers PSN account. XBL allows any player to log on his/her account when playing a co-op game. When streaming/playing music on the PS3 it will stop any time you go into anything except internet and I think the PS store. Getting it to play music while gaming is pretty close to impossible. While the Xbox 360 allows you to stream/play music while doing anything except go into system settings. Microsoft was smart in there OS design basically the music player is a separate program so games don't have to worry about supporting it like the original xbox. When you go into netflix it will keep you music playing until you select a movie then it pauses and resumes after. I am the type of person who always has music going unless I am playing a single-player game or co-op, so it is a real deal breaker for me.

Did PS+ subscription fix the music thing, or was that only for voice chat cross-game?

If you're really inclined to have music, you can always use a separate system. Simple fix.

PC has been able to do that for years, it's not like the xbox did anything special with playing music during games. :lol:

If you're the kind of person that wants multitasking, PC is the way to go without a doubt, multitasking is one of my biggest reasons for being a PC gamer. I personally would feel quite limited by an xbox as far as multitasking goes.

Honestly I don't know people are always talking about with online communities with gaming, I've played online with both the PS3 and 360 and neither one has a very good online community in my opinion. I prefer online gaming on the PC, I find most of the people I play with or against are pretty mature gamers, the only exceptions being Valve games really, mainly TF2 and L4D.

Edit: Also, I finally got my email from sony today about the PSN thingy, question: is it worth reading? Like does it tell you anything you don't already know about the situation?

Edited by Deathmineral