Keep Extra Ram!

Always keep some reliable sticks around.

Right now I'm in the middle of returning 2x4gb sticks to Newegg while starting an RMA for my 4x4gb kit I purchased from a Shell Shocker last week. Always fails test 7 on Memtest+ 4.20.

So I'm back to an old 2x2gb kit I have left over.

If I had spare RAM, I'd be keeping it in slots 2 and 4 on my motherboard :thumbsup:

+1, only it would be slots 2, 4, and 6.

I haven't yet figured out how to store spare ram, i ended up frying my DDR collection when i moved to a carpeted room. I just had a small box full of working RAM and after moving all my stuff around in that room none of the sticks work, or maybe the mobo? IDK.

How do ya'll store ram if you dont have retail cases still lying around?

I always keep a couple of spare sticks of the same memory that I'm running if I'm happy with it. Occasionally I'll even buy RAM that I don't need at the time if I come across a great buy. The prices are so volatile sometimes that I just can't resist the urge to get a bargain :)

I keep spare AS bags around, cut them into strips wide enough to cover the spare memory modules if I don't have any retail packages. Wrap them in anti-static strips that I've cut and tape them closed.

Bubble wrap works fine too. Guess I've been lucky as I've never lost a pc component to ESD. Of course I do all of my work on a tile floor - no carpet :) Especially in the winter months.....................

I actually never sell RAM. I see myself in like some post-apocalyptic setting where we need a stick of PC-3200 to turn a power plant back on and bam, I just happen to have some in my bag. Winning.

But really, you never know when you might need a tester stick or two, so I just keep it around because of laziness with this as the justification lol

I have a pretty large tackle box I keep extra ram in...as well as every type of screw and fastener imaginable. Converters and doodads and whatchamacallits...pretty much anything you'd ever need to work on or build a computer.

Converters and doodads and whatchamacallits...

Those are the most critical components when building or repairing a pc :)

I've got a huge inventory of doodads and whatchamacallits.

I'm especially fond of old heatsinks and fans. I've got cabinets full of them. Along with bunches of PC100 64mb memory sticks, PII's and some old AMD athlon processors.

I'm like imm0rt - some day the spaceship I'm flying on will have a complete system meltdown and I'll save all of the survivors by jerry rigging something together and safely landing us on a habital planet. There we will be hunters and gatherers and have indiscriminate sex in hopes of repopulating our species.........