Wii Softmod

d3athsd00r

Just noticed it needs a game to use as part of the hack. Going to have to buy one now. :(

Unless someone wants to donate one.

Thats what I told you when you said you upgraded to 4.3 firmware :D You can try renting it, if that is cheaper than buying it new/used.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Why do you want to mod it in the first place? Just wondering...

Why not? Everything else I own is modded in some way. GingerBlur on my Atrix, XBMC on my original XBox, custom firmware on my PSP, iDroid on my iPhone 3G, Snow Leopard on my Hackintosh build with custom cartri BIOS. And when I get a spare weekend I'm going to mod my PS2.

Why not? Everything else I own is modded in some way. GingerBlur on my Atrix, XBMC on my original XBox, custom firmware on my PSP, iDroid on my iPhone 3G, Snow Leopard on my Hackintosh build with custom cartri BIOS. And when I get a spare weekend I'm going to mod my PS2.

I was just wondering what you gain out of it - I have a Wii but don't have any real reason to mod it (as far as a I know...dunno what you can do with it).

I was just wondering what you gain out of it - I have a Wii but don't have any real reason to mod it (as far as a I know...dunno what you can do with it).

Pretty much what you can do with mostly any device that you can mod. Homebrew (more apps, like media player for example), customizations, launch backups via USB drive, GameShark-esque Cheats, and etc.

Edited by Krazyxazn

everyone mods stuff these days. i have my reasons but im not going to list them either haha. "I do not preform illegal acts" lol and thats all the government is going to know.

I also like to play my games without using a disc for anything. PC, Xbox, Wii, PSP, PS3 because i tend to only play games for 15minutes at a time it really gets old to have to switch out discs everytime. softmoding (or Jtag) makes that pain go away.

Edited by hornybluecow

You can enable DVD playback, play games from an SD card, play games from an external drive, use some emulators, and whatever other homebrew apps are out there.

Thats what I told you when you said you upgraded to 4.3 firmware :D You can try renting it, if that is cheaper than buying it new/used.

I must have missed that. However, just went and rented Lego Batman. Doing the NAND backup now after installing BootMii. Seems to be working so far.

• 7 months later...

You can enable DVD playback, play games from an SD card, play games from an external drive, use some emulators, and whatever other homebrew apps are out there.

i ripped all my wii games and i don't worry about my child ruining games anymore

i have my games and his on seperate sticks. i put mine in when i want to play and put his back when im done

its ease of use as well. from the front he can click into the loader, and has a friendly themed GUI and all his games ready to go.

also allows PAL games to be used on non pal systems, thats a cool for people like me who LOVE buying imports of stuff. the more japenese on a box the happier i am lol