Which P67 board? ASUS Deluxe or Gigabyte UD5

I love my ASRock P67 Extreme4. Just a note, though: The Realtek LAN driver and a few other things on the board weren't recognized by Windows 7, so you have to install those using the driver CD, or by getting them beforehand. And don't just click "install all" on the driver CD. It installs a bunch of bloat onto your computer (Norton, some tuning tools, and ZYNGA Webpage shortcut that never goes away, no matter how much you delete it)

The UEFI BIOS is pretty easy to navigate, though certain aspects could be easier. Gave me a stable 4.5GHz OC on my 2500k after just disabling C1E, C3 and C6 (And power saver, but that's just a preference), and setting voltage to 1.32v.

You can get the newest board drivers on their website too ;) bioses also

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my ASRock P67 Extreme4.

Glad to see some others stepping out onto that ASRock limb (well, not much of a limb anymore). I'm convinced that they are making some pretty solid boards, with great feature sets and unbelievable pricing (relative).

I love my ASRock P67 Extreme4. Just a note, though: The Realtek LAN driver and a few other things on the board weren't recognized by Windows 7, so you have to install those using the driver CD, or by getting them beforehand. And don't just click "install all" on the driver CD. It installs a bunch of bloat onto your computer (Norton, some tuning tools, and ZYNGA Webpage shortcut that never goes away, no matter how much you delete it)

The UEFI BIOS is pretty easy to navigate, though certain aspects could be easier. Gave me a stable 4.5GHz OC on my 2500k after just disabling C1E, C3 and C6 (And power saver, but that's just a preference), and setting voltage to 1.32v.

You can get the newest board drivers on their website too ;) bioses also

Hard to do with no internet connection ;)

I ended up doing just that, though. I was going to format my computer within the next week anyway (I was having issues with Windows for a while), so I just downloaded the drivers from the site, saved them to my 1.5TB

Everything installed fine.

Glad to see some others stepping out onto that ASRock limb (well, not much of a limb anymore). I'm convinced that they are making some pretty solid boards, with great feature sets and unbelievable pricing (relative).

I love it. Only thing I dislike is that it seems a little flimsy compared to my old 680i.

No way, I had that motherboard, and was just as disappointed with it as my GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD7-B3, which I'm returning for Newegg store credit.

You never gave it a second chance, coulda been one dud board. My friend's MSI P67A-G45's issues have stopped and it's running great, just needed more vcore.

Hard to do with no internet connection ;)

I ended up doing just that, though. I was going to format my computer within the next week anyway (I was having issues with Windows for a while), so I just downloaded the drivers from the site, saved them to my 1.5TB

Everything installed fine.

I love it. Only thing I dislike is that it seems a little flimsy compared to my old 680i.

I always have my laptop to download drivers if the situation is THAT bad :P

Also flimsy how??

You never gave it a second chance, coulda been one dud board. My friend's MSI P67A-G45's issues have stopped and it's running great, just needed more vcore.

It was a dud board, but the LLC was suspect. The ASUS boards and even the Gigabyte board that I like even less had better LLC.

It was a dud board, but the LLC was suspect. The ASUS boards and even the Gigabyte board that I like even less had better LLC.

Agreed there, I think that was his problem. The boards seem to like LLC off more than on, still can't beat their specs for the price. Cheapest SLI capable 8x/8x P67 boards around! (His LLC is still enabled though)

I always have my laptop to download drivers if the situation is THAT bad :P

Also flimsy how??

I would have, if my girlfriend hadn't been using it -.-

And when I was running for a few days without my WC loop, i used the stock heatsink. When I had to push the pins in, the whole board bent enough that I was afraid I was going to break it. Also, comparing it to my friends MSI 790fx-GD70, it was definitely less rigid than the GD70.

Cost cutting mechanism perhaps?

I would have, if my girlfriend hadn't been using it -.-

And when I was running for a few days without my WC loop, i used the stock heatsink. When I had to push the pins in, the whole board bent enough that I was afraid I was going to break it. Also, comparing it to my friends MSI 790fx-GD70, it was definitely less rigid than the GD70.

Cost cutting mechanism perhaps?

Hey if they can get the same results with less material, I'm all for that!