Messed up on polygonal lasso...

Onion

I messed up on this... I clicked out of the photoshop window to open my skype, and apparently, it thought I was making a selection. Can this be saved, one way or another? I don't want to spend another 15 minutes re-selecting the car.

oopshelp.png

if you hold either shift+ ctrl or shift+ alt while lassoing, it will either add or subtract. i cant remember which is which, but it will show a + or a - next to the lasso symbol before you do it. make sure to hold shift the whole time, or it will overwrite the other selection

if you hold either shift+ ctrl or shift+ alt while lassoing, it will either add or subtract. i cant remember which is which, but it will show a + or a - next to the lasso symbol before you do it. make sure to hold shift the whole time, or it will overwrite the other selection

:withstupid: , also Lasso like a man!! (manually)

I have two suggestions. One either find the equivalent Photoshop tool or install GIMP and use the path tool. With that you can place points around the car and edit the curve of the lines between; really it is a lot easier than using a lasso tool.

Without using a different program (though this does work in GIMP too) add a layer mask and have it set to transparency (not sure how exactly as I haven't used PS for years, but I know the functionality exists). What this will let you do is "erase" the background around the car, but if you mess up, switch the color from black to white, or white to black (not sure how PS works with this exactly, but one corresponds to opaque while the other is transparent) and put "un-erase."

Good job lassoing! I cannot do that so well (hence having these other strategies).

Good luck.

It's just alt. It switches from adding to removing for most selection-based tools.

I just cut your car out using the lasso (not the polygonal one) and messed with it a bit. Best I could do in a few minutes with the pic you posted but it's Sunday and I'm bored. :P

post-8484-13036770564374_thumb.jpg

I just cut your car out using the lasso (not the polygonal one) and messed with it a bit. Best I could do in a few minutes with the pic you posted but it's Sunday and I'm bored. :P

post-8484-13036770564374_thumb.jpg

you gotta get rid of that dotted line in there. just a few more hours, and you should have it!!!