Sign in to follow this  
Onion

What is this effect called, and how is it done?

See the red lines coming from the circle in the middle? What are those called, and how is that done? If you don't know how it's done, the name will be enough, I'll find out how to do it on google.

navy_army_ww2_flag.gif

I have a good idea on how to implement them in a wallpaper I'm working on, but I have no idea how to do it lol.

I would assume it's called a sunburst since that is what it represents on the Japanese flag.

Thanks, but I already found it. Somehow I stumbled upon it on youtube, and found a decent guide. It's called a starburst or burst of rays, and it's pretty simple to do.

Yeah, you can do some pretty neat things when you play around with the number of rays, the size of the circle, beveling and shading too.

dsfsdk.th.png

Just a rough proof of concept. It'll be better later on of course, but now I'm just experimenting with ray size and location. This location seems nice, but I think they should be a bit thicker, no?

proofofconcept.png

Just a rough proof of concept. It'll be better later on of course, but now I'm just experimenting with ray size and location. This location seems nice, but I think they should be a bit thicker, no?

proofofconcept.png

Cool idea. Yes, maybe a little wider on the rays.