Frankenstein

iskout

I've been planning on upgrading since the i7 920 came out, but never worked up the money to do so. I named this build frankenstein, because it's been built from parts from separate computers that I've used for the past 4 years, including:

250GB hard drive from first computer

2x1.5 TB WD Green hard drives

BFG GTX 260 Core 216 MAXCore

OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w

ASRock P67 Extreme4

Intel Core i5 2500k

G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz 9-9-9-24

X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card.

Water Cooling:

Swiftech Apogee XT

Swiftech MCP655

Swiftech MCR220

XSPC Dual Bay reservoir.

1/4" barbs, 7/16" tubing (UV Green, PrimoFlex)

Here's a couple of pictures with me running my friends 2x XFX 5770's in Crossfire (Outside of my case)

DSCN1168.JPG

DSCN1167.JPG

:thumbsup: because I used to have the same 260! (my friend now owns it)

I got it for $85 used, about 3 months ago. It replaced my XFX 8800GT 256 MB. I love it to death :D

I thought it was a Xbox-PC Frankenstein :lol: until I read the text. There is like a Xbox PSU and a Xbox 360 all mixed in with the PC.

Oh man, that would be AWESOME.

iskout It is awesome. It has already been done. Check it PC plus Xbox

OH yeah, I remember reading about that a while back.

That said, I have almost finished. Just have to wire in my CCFL's and I'll be all set.

I modified my case slightly so that I'd be able to turn my hard drives around, and so that I'd have an opening next to my motherboard. My friend helped me with it, and used a cut off wheel to cut out the holes. It's messy, but effective.

I'm disappointed in my ModXStream Pro. The PCI-E Wires are far too short for routing, so I have 2 big cables that run to the top of the case from my graphics card.

The build is almost done, will post pictures when I finish. My friend is currently playing with an LED, considering putting it in the back of my dual-bay res. (Thanks to Boinker, by the way)

DSCN1167.JPG

DSCN1168.JPG

DSCN1169.JPG

DSCN1173.JPG

DSCN1175.JPG

DSCN1172.JPG

DSCN1174.JPG

DSCN1176.JPG

DSCN1177.JPG

DSCN1178.JPG

I've been working on it all day, and I'm almost done. I still have to put in my side panel and wire the 2 fans on it, and then I have to put on my front panel. I also still have my other 2 UV CCFL's.

Those things can wait til tomorrow. I've already OC'd it to a modest 3.6 GHz.

All in all, I'm fairly pleased with how this came out. I'm going to do a fresh install of windows tomorrow, because I'm long overdue, and I've been having problems with windows lately (It's been failing updates for whatever reason)

One note: I had to use the driver CD to install my motherboard drivers, as it wouldn't detect my Network adapter otherwise. I made the mistake of just pressing "Install All" (it was 2 AM, in my defense), and it installed a bunch of bloatware in my computer. I'm really rather pissed, because they have a Zynga shortcut that not only made an icon on my desktop, pinned it to my taskbar, but it also keeps coming back after I delete it. It's like a virus of some sort. I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in ASRock for that faux pas, and it'll show up in how much I suggest ASRock later on to other people.