do two 1x4gb sticks make a dual channel

hey guys

i am in the market right now and i am on a look out for a 2x4gb dual channel kit for my sandy bridge system

the problem is i cannot find a single dual channel 8gb kit

so is it okay if i buy a two 1x4gb vengeance sticks

will they run in dual channel mode

i did research for the same online but could not find much information on it

it seems that two individual sticks cost lot less then a dual channel kit of the same so it makes me wonder if this setup will really work or not

yes, all you need is two sticks to run a dual channel configuration :thumbsup:

honestly I'd get cheaper sticks though, the vengeance ones are almost always overpriced. What are the cheapest sticks available?? (about 1066mhz speed)

1333mhz is fine for a sandybridge system

yes, all you need is two sticks to run a dual channel configuration :thumbsup:

honestly I'd get cheaper sticks though, the vengeance ones are almost always overpriced. What are the cheapest sticks available?? (about 1066mhz speed)

1333mhz is fine for a sandybridge system

there is a pair of gskill ripjaws cl9 8gb kits

but they cost a little more and the source is unreliable

1333 - $113

1600 - $117

1600 cl8 - $127

vengeance two sicks of 4gb will cost me - $106

the prices are in rupees just converted them into $ according to present rates

You didn't have to convert currencies but much appreciated all the same.

I'd get the 1600 mhz I guess for ~221 more rupees, is that an 8GB kit?? (2x4GB)

I'm a little confused though, are you saying EACH stick of CorVens are 4683Rupees or just a kit of 8GB?

You didn't have to convert currencies but much appreciated all the same.

I'd get the 1600 mhz I guess for ~221 more rupees, is that an 8GB kit?? (2x4GB)

I'm a little confused though, are you saying EACH stick of CorVens are 4683Rupees or just a kit of 8GB?

haaha

in terms of rupees

two 4gb vengeance sticks cost me rs4800

a dual channel gskill kit 2x4gb costs 5400

a 8gb vengeance kit costs me rs7900 or $171

both at 1600(i am thinking of going for sticks with 1600mhz as i think better the speed better my performance)

but guys tell me if it is so simple then why do dual channel kits are quite expensive

So correct me if I'm wrong..

the kit that costs rs4800 is a 2x2GB kit of Vengeance sticks and the ones for rs5400 by Gskill are a 2x4GB kit?

unless I misinterpreted again and you can get 2x4GB of Vengeance for rs4800, than that's the clear winner

So correct me if I'm wrong..

the kit that costs rs4800 is a 2x2GB kit of Vengeance sticks and the ones for rs5400 by Gskill are a 2x4GB kit?

unless I misinterpreted again and you can get 2x4GB of Vengeance for rs4800, than that's the clear winner

hey IVIYTH0S

sorry for the late reply mate

i was busy throughout the day

yes two vengeance would cost less but still as i had said i am keen to go for a dual channel kit than single sticks

anyway new update on my side

i was in the market yesterday and i managed to get my hands on a pair of gskill 8gb kit so the problem is solved on my side

thanks for the help mate

though i must admit the vengeance were really tempting at that price

To the OP - Where are you buying your components from? Looking at a system upgrade myself not too far into the future.

i am buying the stuff from lamington road mumbai or online from smc international

Any combination of RAM that has an even amount in each channel will run dual channel. If you have 4 slots you can put any amount you want in each channel as long as you use similarly sized sticks (so 4 GB and 2 GB per channel would give you 12 GB total in dual channel, 2 GB and 2 GB per channel, 4 GB and 1 GB per channel, etc).

Any combination of RAM that has an even amount in each channel will run dual channel. If you have 4 slots you can put any amount you want in each channel as long as you use similarly sized sticks (so 4 GB and 2 GB per channel would give you 12 GB total in dual channel, 2 GB and 2 GB per channel, 4 GB and 1 GB per channel, etc).

:withstupid: I've run mismatched sticks without fail but the same corsair sticks separate would be the same thing as a dual channel kit when combined