OCZ Vertex 3

dling

Is there any known issues with the OCZ Vertex3 ssd and my AsusP6X58D Premium m/b ? Im looking at getting one and was wondering if any of you

have any info on the speeds I can expect. If its not much faster then my crucial realssd 300 then I wont mess with it.

I have heard OCZ has not so great Quality Control standards on there SSD's. That about it. Here is my source http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-227-602&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo I see these poor ratings all over newegg on OCZ SSDs.

I have heard OCZ has not so great Quality Control standards on there SSD's. That about it. Here is my source http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-227-602&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo I see these poor ratings all over newegg on OCZ SSDs.

1- Newegg isn't where I'd go for something like a reputable review :P

2- I'm told that OCZ sells the most SSDs on the market so obviously referring to quantity, there will be more chances for OCZ drives to be seen failing ;)

IVIYTH0S I know newegg is not the best place for a performance review. But I rather have a real unpaid person give me feedback about how product worked for them rather then one from a reviewer getting a "Cherry Picked" product. Because a company will always send a perfectly working one to a reviewer but to a customer? Well thats another story. I am saying this because the OP asked for issues about these products.

Edited by Black6464

IVIYTH0S I know newegg is not the best place for a performance review. But I rather have a real unpaid person give me feedback about how product worked for them rather then one from a reviewer getting a "Cherry Picked" product. Because a company will always send a perfectly working one to a reviewer but to a customer? Well thats another story. I am saying this because the OP asked for issues about these products.

I understand where you're coming from but with a userbase as large as NewEgg's there are far too many less knowledgeable/angry people posting up there. I know 80% of my reviews are posted when there is any issue and not if there isn't

Check this review on the newest ssd's from ocz,crucial,intel & plextor. http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/ssd_showdown_4_top_drives_reviewed?page=0,1

From what I read there is a decent speed improvement over the 300c from both crucials newest & ocz newest. Not alot but its there. I have been running a 300c for months n months & really like it. Its not enough to get me to upgrade from my 300c.

Ive read quite a bit on ocz reliability but myself have used well over 30 of the vertex 2 series ssd's as I build puters for a living & havent had a single failure.

Edited by Builderman

Crucials are probably the best for reliability, next to intel. They are basically Intel reliability with high speeds. That being said, OCZ does always honor their warranty, so just get another HDD to to be an image/copy the SSD so you can always save your files if the SSD does ever break.

If you have a revo drive exactly why are you looking at other SSDs

The revodrive is a lot slower now then when I first got it . I guess its due to lack of trim support. I wouldn't recommend

the revo to any one.