Sign in to follow this  
The EvilAlex

Best Monitor??

I can't take it anymore, I need to fix this problem or I will start hating my PS3.

I have a Samsung T240HD (24", 1920x1200) monitor connected to my PC and PS3, PC no problem, PS3=BAD.

So I did a little research and found out that it was because my monitor is 16:10, not 16:9 but I also found that I could switch to 16:9 in my monitor. Ok, I did that and it's a little better but it's still bad, it still looks stretched and got this white grain everywhere.

Sooo… I can't fix it, and decided to buy a new monitor, and that's where I need help.

I need a monitor that will work great with my PC and ps3.

Right now I'm looking at Dell U2311H. It's IPS panel, the resolution is 1920x1080 so it shouldn't have problems and the quality will be like in the gameplay videos on GameTrailers(right??), and it's comfortable.

Edited by The EvilAlex

Tell you what, when I get home I'll see if I can get my PS3 to work with my 1920x1200 monitor. I would think the image would just stretch or have a black border on the top and bottom of the displayed image

Tell you what, when I get home I'll see if I can get my PS3 to work with my 1920x1200 monitor. I would think the image would just stretch or have a black border on the top and bottom of the displayed image

Ok, thanks. I await your thoughts.

Ok, thanks. I await your thoughts.

Wish i could do it remotely from work haha, I won't be home til 11 :-/

See if you can find a component cable for your PS3. I've got the 26" version of the Samsung and if I use component for my 360 I can adjust the settings so that it gives a black bar across the bottom instead of stretching

Edited by TheHippi

See if you can find a component cable for your PS3. I've got the 26" version of the Samsung and if I use component for my 360 I can adjust the settings so that it gives a black bar across the bottom instead of stretching

I have black bars, I switched to 16:9 in my monitor settings but it still looks bad.

I have black bars, I switched to 16:9 in my monitor settings but it still looks bad.

Does it look like it's zoomed in? I had that problem for a while too over a VGA cable. When I would give it a 1080p signal it seemed to think it was actually bigger than that and cut a good deal of the sides. I had to use a 1680x1050 resolution, which it would then stretch out to 1920x1200.

I Would Highly Recommend the Samsung P2370HD Or P2770HD. I Have the P2770HD and it works like a Beauty on My Xbox 360. Everything is so nice and crisp and it has very strong colors.

get the dellultra sharp, it looks amazing and overall great monitor but doesn't have a HDMI port, rather you have to get HDMI to DVI cord which is like $9. second how are you planing on hearing anything?

edit: i just plugged my PS3 into it and it looks fine, but no sound unless you run it to a A/V receiver first.

Edited by hornybluecow