I am new here

Admiral_Breaker

With my Schools "dirty" electriticty, my laptop screen has a large white burn that moves, so my screen is burned. Also I always want to have a good customer service rather than price. If i had to chose between two identical cards one with a lifetime warrenty and one that is cheaper, with my luck, i will go with the warrenty always.

So get a UPS, don't pay the wrong company :P

Sounds like you will need a nice surge protector and a UPS with that electricity problem! Spend a little extra cash and protect your investment if the power situation is really that sketchy :)

Well being a College student i really dont have the funds to by a UPS . But i do have a surge protector but still.

Hello! First off welcome to OCC!

Nice choice with the AMD 6/4 core system. But getting a GTX560 will limit most desires for SLI down the road(Need to use a hacked BIO's and it apparently doesnt work that well). Are you planning on getting a motherboard with 2x pci-e x16 slots? or atleast x8 on both? If your planning on getting a board with only 1 pci-e slot then nevermind then. Getting an AMD HD6950 2GB would only cost alittle more money and is a better card, it also can be flashed with a BIO's from a 6970 and it essentially becomes a 6970 for the price of a 6950!!

You could also look at a new sandybridge i5-2500k quad-core and a P67 Mobo. It would only cost alittle more overall than the AMD system and would be ALOT faster. If your not going to overclock then the i5-2400 would work as well. But id highly recommend getting the unlocked CPU even if you dont plan on overclocking now. Because a couple months from now you might want to! Going with the P67 intel platform also gives the option of SLI.

Could save a few bucks by getting a regular version of the GTX560 and just overclock it yourself!! Its quite easy to do, the only reason you should pay for the factory overclocked card is for the non-reference cooling solution it has, and if i remember right, the CRysis edition of that card is a reference cooler with a cool picture on it... definitely not worth the Extra $10 it costs, unless you found it somewhere for the regular price that is!

Well i dont really like ATI/AMD... (personal reasons) and the mobo's that i am looking at are the MSI 890FXA http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130274 and the GIGABYTE GA-890FXA http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128441 however the processor is a challenge i am stuck between getting a Phenom x4 970 or a phenom x6 1100T. I am also considering getting an Intel DIY kit from newegg with a sabertooth mobo with a i7 quad core processor.

Welcom to OCC Admiral! I salute ye, as I am a mere Capitan. :P

If you're looking at the MSI 890FXA, I've got the 890FXA-GD70 I could sell to you with a 1090T. There are issues with the 890FXA-GD70 with overclocking to 4.0GHz or higher, but PhenomMSRTweaker resolves any of those overclocking issues. 4.2GHz is solid as a rock, but I prefer 4.0GHz for 24/7 operation. I also tested using the SLI hack on it, and it works with two cards in SLI, though there are limitations (not as good of a Core Clock overclock, and memory overclocks are unstable) and some instability (random 0x00000000A BSOD's).

Let me know if you'd be interested, I think I may want to go with a SB build for a secondary system.

if ya wanna sli and get amd i suggest waiting for the 900 series chipset and amd bulldozer! apparantly you can buy a $700 ready to run system with the top bulldozer processor when it is released!

under 2 months till release if wondering... :)

welcome btw! :lol:

Edited by Dan The Gamer

welcome to OCC. if you are going with the current gen of AMD, get a 1090T, instead of an 1100T. Its the same thing, but they increases the frequency by I think 100 or 200 mhz and charge more for it. you can easily do the same from the bios for free.