I am new here

Admiral_Breaker

Greetings to all. I am new here, I enjoy your reviews of tech. I currently have a HP Pavilion a6650f Desktop in a Cooler Master Storm Scout Case, with 2 1 TB drives, and a Nvidia 7900 GS. I am also in college for Game Design and Development. So I need to upgrade sooner rather than later. I am currently thinking of a either an AMD 6 core system or an AMD 4 core system. I do have my mind set on getting an EVGA Nvidia GTX 560 Ti Crysis Maxium Graphics edition just because it is the perfect for me both in price and demand. But I will later on post the different ideas that i have for processors. Thank you for the reviews of the hardware please keep it up.

Greetings to all. I am new here, I enjoy your reviews of tech. I currently have a HP Pavilion a6650f Desktop in a Cooler Master Storm Scout Case, with 2 1 TB drives, and a Nvidia 7900 GS. I am also in college for Game Design and Development. So I need to upgrade sooner rather than later. I am currently thinking of a either an AMD 6 core system or an AMD 4 core system. I do have my mind set on getting an EVGA Nvidia GTX 560 Ti Crysis Maxium Graphics edition just because it is the perfect for me both in price and demand. But I will later on post the different ideas that i have for processors. Thank you for the reviews of the hardware please keep it up.

Hello! First off welcome to OCC!

Nice choice with the AMD 6/4 core system. But getting a GTX560 will limit most desires for SLI down the road(Need to use a hacked BIO's and it apparently doesnt work that well). Are you planning on getting a motherboard with 2x pci-e x16 slots? or atleast x8 on both? If your planning on getting a board with only 1 pci-e slot then nevermind then. Getting an AMD HD6950 2GB would only cost alittle more money and is a better card, it also can be flashed with a BIO's from a 6970 and it essentially becomes a 6970 for the price of a 6950!!

You could also look at a new sandybridge i5-2500k quad-core and a P67 Mobo. It would only cost alittle more overall than the AMD system and would be ALOT faster. If your not going to overclock then the i5-2400 would work as well. But id highly recommend getting the unlocked CPU even if you dont plan on overclocking now. Because a couple months from now you might want to! Going with the P67 intel platform also gives the option of SLI.

Could save a few bucks by getting a regular version of the GTX560 and just overclock it yourself!! Its quite easy to do, the only reason you should pay for the factory overclocked card is for the non-reference cooling solution it has, and if i remember right, the CRysis edition of that card is a reference cooler with a cool picture on it... definitely not worth the Extra $10 it costs, unless you found it somewhere for the regular price that is!

Welcome to OCC!!

Where do you live OP??

I can almost guarantee that there is a better priced 560 than the EVGA, they are never the best deal.

How much money do you have for this new build?? Maybe we can squeeze a 2500K in there ;)

I have a Game Design and Development Associates actually, where do you go??

I can almost guarantee that there is a better priced 560 than the EVGA, they are never the best deal.

But they have awesome warranties and tech support.

@OP Welcome.

But they have awesome warranties and tech support.

@OP Welcome.

You expect to keep the card for infinity?

You excect the card to break?

Other companies don't have good service?

:P

You expect to keep the card for infinity?

You excect the card to break?

Other companies don't have good service?

:P

With my Schools "dirty" electriticty, my laptop screen has a large white burn that moves, so my screen is burned. Also I always want to have a good customer service rather than price. If i had to chose between two identical cards one with a lifetime warrenty and one that is cheaper, with my luck, i will go with the warrenty always.

With my Schools "dirty" electriticty, my laptop screen has a large white burn that moves, so my screen is burned. Also I always want to have a good customer service rather than price. If i had to chose between two identical cards one with a lifetime warrenty and one that is cheaper, with my luck, i will go with the warrenty always.

Sounds like you will need a nice surge protector and a UPS with that electricity problem! Spend a little extra cash and protect your investment if the power situation is really that sketchy :)