PMP-450S collar stuck

maestr0

So I ordered a new watercooling setup with the intention of installing a Koolance PMP-450s in the Koolance RS-452x2. To my dismay, when the pump arrived, I was unable to unscrew the collar, thus unable to install it. I've tried with plyers, WD-40, heating/cooling, and even trying to pry it off. What are my options? Anything I haven't tried yet?

This is what SHOULD happen:

@ 13 seconds. however mine won't budge.

And an RMA is pretty much out of the question - it took 2 weeks to get here, I'm not sending it back and waiting!

I know this is stupid...but are you sure you're turning it the right way? :lol:

Also - how much strength are you using? Since you're installing the pump with a different head you won't need the original pump head or collar so you could probably use a LOT of force to get it to come off without any real chance of harming the pump.

I'd recommend removing the damn plexiglass plates inside the 452X2 (at the very least the bottom left plate where the intake is). I removed mine tonight and it tolerates the higher settings of the pump without recirculating bubbles. I use the upper right intake, lower right outtake (into the pump with the pump mounted on the right side) and have the reservoirs connected together.

See this: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4810044&postcount=58

Here's how I have mine piped (stole the pic to edit it):

452x2.jpg

:cheers:

As for getting the collar off...I don't have any clue if you can't remove it through normal force. You are definitely turning it the right way unless the D5 Strong is weird.

Edited by Waco