Duel: 1x GTX570(MercuryDoun) vs. 1x HD 6970(imm0rt41)

MercuryDoun

Nope, I still have my GTX 460's. I've got friends in Seattle that might need an upgrade for playing StarCraft II, I might give it to them as gifts if/when I visit... or I might donate them in the next OCC contest.

I bought tacohunter's reviewed ASUS HD 6970 2GB for a great price in a cash and trade deal and put a full cover water block on it. I'm looking for another good deal on one for crossfiring. :P

That would be a REALLY nice gift lolol.

Nice deal on the 6970 then!

If you decided to sell them, Could you let me know? I think my brother would be interested in acquiring one or maybe both, if i can convince him spending a few extra bucks on a sandy bridge build will be worth it. Otherwise it will end up as a AMD build and i dont wanna mess with SLI hack's. His build is probably a month or two out still though. Im just looking for deals on parts now for a chance to save a few $$ here or there.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be a REALLY nice gift lolol.

Nice deal on the 6970 then!

If you decided to sell them, Could you let me know? I think my brother would be interested in acquiring one or maybe both, if i can convince him spending a few extra bucks on a sandy bridge build will be worth it. Otherwise it will end up as a AMD build and i dont wanna mess with SLI hack's. His build is probably a month or two out still though. Im just looking for deals on parts now for a chance to save a few $$ here or there.

Yeah, if they're still around, I'll cut you a good deal.

Decided to just finish the round and end the battle since i havent heard from imm0rt41 in a few days.

Thanks for lookin out Capi!! Ill probably PM you in a month or so to see if you have those 460's still.

Decided to just finish the round and end the battle since i havent heard from imm0rt41 in a few days.

Thanks for lookin out Capi!! Ill probably PM you in a month or so to see if you have those 460's still.

That's my bad man, had some crap come up with the family but I will get the pics up by tomorrow at the latest! Again, sorry about that :(

That's my bad man, had some crap come up with the family but I will get the pics up by tomorrow at the latest! Again, sorry about that :(

Its all good, i figured something came up. Not worried about it... You know... because i won, lolbiggrin.gif.

You really should redo cinebench. I think you could up your score on that.

Shame man ... You pick on the guy with DDR2 :P Merc shoulda dueled Speedway but no you knew you would've losed :P

I tried to duel speedway. He said not now. He just got his xfire setup working, didnt wanna knock it down to one card to duel me, lol.

Besides DDR2 memory is holding back his CPU overclocking. Its not hurting his GPU at all. A 1055t might not be the best but its more than is required for a single 6970. Now if your talking a tri-fire or something crazy yeah sure its not fast enough, but a single card? Puhleez, 1055t is fine for that.