MercuryDoun

Duel: 1x GTX570(MercuryDoun) vs. 1x HD 6970(imm0rt41)

Either way, that was a lot closer than I thought! I think if I was running some DDR3 in an 890 chipset board the scores would be even closer, but can't say I am disappointed either. I'm getting started on my OC tonight...too many beers to do it last night :P

Lol nice job Nyt!! That was my exact thoughts!

Looks like i BARELY won this round. I thought it would be extremely close at stock, but i didnt think it would be THIS close. I just only BARELY won because i won 7 out of the 12 on the stalker benchmark. How do you guys normally score the stalker one? I assumed it was just all the scores, But i guess we could just use average FPS.

The Stalker bench we used to compare only the average FPS on each scene since max and min sometimes give odd results .

So you have to win on average FPS in at least 3 scenes (2 is a draw)

I think Merc might win on oc'ed because of the extra cooling but immort might surprise us all .

The Stalker bench we used to compare only the average FPS on each scene since max and min sometimes give odd results .

So you have to win on average FPS in at least 3 scenes (2 is a draw)

Luckily for me i won average FPS on 3 scenes.... barely... LOL. Ill update the main post to show as much.

Either way, that was a lot closer than I thought! I think if I was running some DDR3 in an 890 chipset board the scores would be even closer, but can't say I am disappointed either. I'm getting started on my OC tonight...too many beers to do it last night :P

Yeah wow, i still cant believe how close it really was. Your more than welcome to get a new board and some better ram, but its not gonna help... when i CRUSH YOU in the overclocked round. What will your excuse be then? MUHaHAHAHAHAaa

Luckily for me i won average FPS on 3 scenes.... barely... LOL. Ill update the main post to show as much.

Yeah wow, i still cant believe how close it really was. Your more than welcome to get a new board and some better ram, but its not gonna help... when i CRUSH YOU in the overclocked round. What will your excuse be then? MUHaHAHAHAHAaa

Don't tempt me to put the 1055T and 6970 in my HTPC with the DDR3 board...I had thought about it, but it's not really a realistic benchmark of my gaming rig, but would net a serious performance boost. Maybe I will try it after this duel lol

Don't tempt me to put the 1055T and 6970 in my HTPC with the DDR3 board...I had thought about it, but it's not really a realistic benchmark of my gaming rig, but would net a serious performance boost. Maybe I will try it after this duel lol

Lol, why do i get the feeling this next week is gonna be fun?

Maybe when i get home today(If i have time after i pull out my air compressor and clean my computer, it needs a good cleaning before i go berserk on the overclocking again) Ill post just one of my overclocked scores... You know, to give you something to sweat over... And get frustrated when you cant beat it!evilgrin.gif

The only one i dont think ill be able to win is Cinebench, AMD/ATI has always been better at OpenGL than nvidia. I didnt think there would be that big of a difference between the two cards at stock.

The only one i dont think ill be able to win is Cinebench, AMD/ATI has always been better at OpenGL than nvidia. I didnt think there would be that big of a difference between the two cards at stock.

This should tell you something about the last time I OCed a rig, but when I did OpenGL was nVidia's area and ATI couldn't do a damn thing about it haha.

Really though, I'm not looking to break any records or anything. I'm gonna be limited by heat, so I'm gonna go as high as I can for benching then throttle it back down for 24/7 :P

Computer Ed: Busy playing games and using my computer for work and enjoyment while watch these guys benchamrk. (REAL WINNER AT EPIC LEVELS!) :thumbsup:

This should tell you something about the last time I OCed a rig, but when I did OpenGL was nVidia's area and ATI couldn't do a damn thing about it haha.

Really though, I'm not looking to break any records or anything. I'm gonna be limited by heat, so I'm gonna go as high as I can for benching then throttle it back down for 24/7 :P

Well what i ment to say was for the last several years AMD/ATI has been owning at OpenGL lol.

That would be ideal for overclocking! Max it out, benchmark it, then bring her back down to more temp/noise friendly levels!

Computer Ed: Busy playing games and using my computer for work and enjoyment while watch these guys benchamrk. (REAL WINNER AT EPIC LEVELS!) :thumbsup:

Oh Pssh... I spend all day on a computer at work too. Go home, play video games and what not on my computer. I however, setup a benchmark to run, and go eat. Then setup another benchmark to run, then go walk my dogs. So on and so forth until ive accomplished all my benchmarking needs without actually having to sit there and watch the benchmark over and over again. However your one of the few that actually gets paid to do these things... So... You suck, lol, and im jealous.

Why haven't you joined us in any of these little competitions anyways? Wouldn't have to duel anyone, but post some scores up in the 3dmark threads or something!

Lol I just noticed now but my old very highly overclocked 6870 on my old 1090t is actually nearly on par with a 6970 and beats flashed 6950's and some 570's in the 3D Mark 11 thread !!!

Score : P4743 lol pure awesomeness :P

Feel feel to manually type in the link from the SS to see it was a 6870 . I made that early this year for a previous duel against WarWeeny's GTX460 and I think I won .

Edit : I felt like manually typing the link : http://3dmark.com/3dm11/373531

Did you notice the words "stock" ? Well done you deserve a cookie . Now did you see "1055t" too ?? Well done another cookie comes your way with added bonus of whipped cream !!!

Win-Cookie_Cream.jpg

but a flashed 6950 is just a lil slower than a real 6970

but a flashed 6950 is just a lil slower than a real 6970

Not when you have a stock 1055t and ddr2 ram bottlenecking the 6970. Of course the 2600k and DDR3 mem with a flashed 6950 will beat his 6970