Quad Crossfire + Eyefinity @ 5760 x 1080 results

red1776

bp 9801:

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

I still say a wall of 9 would be sweet. Mind giving us performance numbers with the four 5850s on the three screens when you get them up and running?

I finally got it up and running. Eyefinity + quad crossfire can be a huge pain in the ***. At least this one was. None the less, I got the kinks worked out. Here are a few Screen caps.

This is on:

Asus Crosshair IV Formula

AMD x6 1055T CPU (@ 4.17Ghz)

8 GB Corsair XMS DDR3 PC 12800 1600 Mhz 4x2 GB

Coolermaster V8 (With mod)

2x ASUS Optical DVD/CD

4x Seagate Barracuda 500GB raid 0 (2)

PSU #1 Corsair HX 650W

PSU#2 FSP Group Boosterx5 500w

PSU#3 FSP Group Boosterx5 500w

4x Asus EAH DirectCu HD 5850 1020Mhz Core-1205Mhz Mem

AeroCool Power Watch/card reader/fan controller

4x Logysis HDD dual 60mm HDD coolers

Coolermaster HAF 932 Modded

3 x 1 Eyefinity Landscape 5760 x 1080 on 3 x 25" monitors

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/378/codmw25760x1920.jpg Avg FPS 108 All settings highest 4AA CODMW2 does not natively support Multi monitor. Here is a nifty bit I found that enables it to do so. http://www.widescreenfixer.org/ It works very well...I'm not sure how, but it does.

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/5859/crysiswarhead5760.jpg Avg FPS 53 All settings Enthusiast 0/AA

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3483/f12010game2011041701090.jpg Avg FPS 71 All settings highest 4/AA

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013884217/screenshot/558654160595788091 Avg FPS 112, (96 w/ 4AA) All settings highest (Ultra)***this one is 3 x 5850's, (Dirt 2 doesn't seem to like quadfire)

It appears that a bottleneck here was 'low resolution'. I played most of the first level on Crysis Warhead with all enthusiast settings without it ever going below 30 FPS

I just got it up and running, so if you want to see more thorough and scientific benches, give me a shout. :)

Edited by red1776

I just wished at least one game company developed a game that utilized a surround/eyefinity display to it's max potential (kind of like Flight Sim). All you get to usually see is more empty scenery. Even if most utilized that space for the HUD's, it'd be worth it.

How hot do those suckers get?

I just wished at least one game company developed a game that utilized a surround/eyefinity display to it's max potential (kind of like Flight Sim). All you get to usually see is more empty scenery. Even if most utilized that space for the HUD's, it'd be worth it.

How hot do those suckers get?

I put "objects are closer than they appear" on the side monitors :) . Yeah I wish they would get the scaling correct. It does add a lot of surround ambiance though, I about got car sick playing Dirt2 for the first time. :sick:

The Gpu's run from 82-86c while playing at this resolution.

Nice ! But theres def a big bottleneck , I bet I'd be able to wollop you in a duel at 1080p :P I already beat my old oc'ed trifire 5870's at 1k core and 1.3k mem easily

Care for a duel in the benchmarks section ? I'd be on for it but I'll allow you to chicken out so you wouldn't have to fave the humiliation of losing to two gpu's :P

Good FPS especially in Warhead at such a big res but you could get way more with a better cpu . You also waiting for the new Intel/AMD range of cpu's ?

Lol, I guess I won't be playing Dirt2 in surround then (I get car sick if I don't drive). I noticed when I ran my graphics cards on air, they would definitely be utilized more in dual/triple monitor configs, 82C - 86C isn't that bad though.

Nice ! But theres def a big bottleneck , I bet I'd be able to wollop you in a duel at 1080p :P I already beat my old oc'ed trifire 5870's at 1k core and 1.3k mem easily

Care for a duel in the benchmarks section ? I'd be on for it but I'll allow you to chicken out so you wouldn't have to fave the humiliation of losing to two gpu's :P

Good FPS especially in Warhead at such a big res but you could get way more with a better cpu . You also waiting for the new Intel/AMD range of cpu's ?

ahhha! :) hey Nyt. Sure I'm up for it....remember, I have already seen your benches :P.

and yes, I am going to throw an FX8130 in here when they are out. The Formula IV is one of the Bios flash for AM3+.

I have to get to a meeting but I was going to post something interesting here in a bit. But yes , this is definitly suited to big res gaming.

I will catch up to you in the 'duel' section.

yeah Dirt2 is awesome in eyefinity. As with the F1 game. As a matter of fact, I think I am going to play a little Dirt 2 now haha. Awesome stats. Ill have to see what I average at some point.

Lol, I guess I won't be playing Dirt2 in surround then (I get car sick if I don't drive). I noticed when I ran my graphics cards on air, they would definitely be utilized more in dual/triple monitor configs, 82C - 86C isn't that bad though.

I'll take 82-86c OC'ed. Now if I could figure out this strange (what I thought was a CPU Bottleneck) It opens up a lot when I raise the resolution.

I'll take 82-86c OC'ed. Now if I could figure out this strange (what I thought was a CPU Bottleneck) It opens up a lot when I raise the resolution.

Actually its a known fact that the lower the resolution the more dependent you are on your CPU, and the higher the resolution the more dependent you are on your GPU. Here is an article about it, i know its SLI and not xfire, but it still explains the same concept: http://benchmarkextreme.com/Articles/I7%20920%20Bottleneck%20Analysis/P1.html

When you unleashed the fury of eyefinity it gave your CPU alot less work overall to do, and your video cards alot more. How this works is at the ultra high resolutions with eyefinity your CPU doesnt have much additional work to do, it still feeds the same amount of information to your video cards. Whereas your GPU's have thousands upon thousands more pixels that need to be processed, so it takes them much longer to do what they need to do. So at lower resolutions your GPU's already have the image processed are waiting for you CPU, and at high/extremely high resolutions your CPU is waiting for your GPU to process the image.