AllYourF0rt

A great memory RMA experience.

I finally found out why my computer was BSOD. Towards the end of the whole ordeal I couldn't even boot I would get a CLFS.SYS each time right on the Windows 7 splash screen. I ran only one module at a time and determined one of them to be bad. I got a RMA # from GeiL and mailed it out on the 11th of this month. sent it from NC to CA via 3 day super saver. The really awesome thing is that I called the company two days ago and they said they would send it out to me on the 18th. I was expecting it to be here on like Saturday. Lo and behold I received it today. They sent it overnight. I have never seen a computer tech company ever do that. The email support they supplied to me with the proper forms was great. I'm not a fan boy but I was impressed by the quality of service from them. The new banks are running well and stable no BSOD!!!!

I've heard good things about G.Skill as well. I unfortunately didn't get such good service when my SSD died out of the blue; it took well over 3 months for me to get a replacement through them. :(

I've heard good things about G.Skill as well. I unfortunately didn't get such good service when my SSD died out of the blue; it took well over 3 months for me to get a replacement through them. :(

I got a RMA # from GeiL

LOL you said G-Skill....

He said Geil....

Which of these is not like the other ;)

I have shied away from Geil before because I hadn't heard enough about them to form an opinion but now that I have I will definitely keep them in mind next time I need ram.

I myself had a great RMA today. RMA'ed a 4830 and got a 6850 in return :woot::woo:

I have shied away from Geil before because I hadn't heard enough about them to form an opinion but now that I have I will definitely keep them in mind next time I need ram.

My cousin's machine is running Geil and while they didn't overclock speedwise worth a damn they are tooting along great at stock speeds. (did tighten up their timings some!)

I myself had a great RMA today. RMA'ed a 4830 and got a 6850 in return :woot::woo:

Contest time!

Chevy broke down and they brought me a Caddie! Lucky you :teehee:

LOL you said G-Skill....

He said Geil....

WOW. Yesterday was a long day.

I had to do a Geil RMA way back when one of my DDR500 sticks died. They sent me a 2 GB stick of DDR2 instead of another 512 MB stick of DDR. I was relatively happy with it but it did take a couple months for them to do it. This was at least 3 years ago though.

How did you manage that?

I was just really impressed by the turnover time and overnight air shipping for 70$ worth of ram... GeiL is actually quite good I would go as far to say as good as Crucial or Mushkin.

What company? That's a hell of an upgrade!

How did you manage that?

I was just really impressed by the turnover time and overnight air shipping for 70$ worth of ram... GeiL is actually quite good I would go as far to say as good as Crucial or Mushkin.

This is great to know should anything happen to my cousin's, I wasn't sure about Geil since they aren't that common. But I'll try anything once :thumbsup:

This is great to know should anything happen to my cousin's, I wasn't sure about Geil since they aren't that common. But I'll try anything once :thumbsup:

The next upgrade i'd like to do is another Raptor in RAID 0 that would be quick :)