Duel: GTX 580 SLI (Nyt_Ryda) vs GTX 570 SLI (El_Capitan)

El_Capitan

I have been extremely pleased with them, esp at the price I paid for the 2 I'm keeping after selling 3 (2 of which are already gone) for a $50 profit each ;) In the end I will have gotten my 2 ASUS 6970's for $410 Total, $205 per Card :biggrin:

That's a very good deal. :thumbsup:

With numbers like you've been posting, they fare pretty good against the GTX 570's. I just don't know which system I'd game on, anymore. :(

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a very good deal. :thumbsup:

With numbers like you've been posting, they fare pretty good against the GTX 570's. I just don't know which system I'd game on, anymore. :(

Also that's not even figuring the GTX 580 from the 5970 ASUS deal that I sold to Water! Basically I got paid $50 to go from a 5970 to CF 6970's :woot:

LMAO, I guess you could play Nvidia games on the 570's and AMD games on the 6970's :evilgrin: Which means you are completely mad Capi :rofl:;)

But, I'm pretty sure I will get beat in FutureMark benches!

I really wish they would overclock higher. Now I just need to overclock my Powersupply so I can infact run my 3 480's without burning them up. ROFL.

I really wish they would overclock higher. Now I just need to overclock my Powersupply so I can infact run my 3 480's without burning them up. ROFL.

Overclocking a PSU is easy!! Here let me open up my PSU and show you how its do...*~~ BZZURRPEESDEDSSS *!X!(&%!!! **//////

Overclocking a PSU is easy!! Here let me open up my PSU and show you how its do...*~~ BZZURRPEESDEDSSS *!X!(&%!!! **//////

Yeah that sonds about right. :rofl:

My HD 6970's can only get to 1005MHz for the Core Clock in Crossfire. Of course, I stupidly set them up in x16/x4 since I was going to try out a 3-way Crossfire... I guess I'll spend another day setting things up correctly.

Speedway, how do you get Cinebench to get the correct score in Crossfire?

I didn't do anything do different with the settings, just installed Cinebench and ran it. The 82.04 FPS was my score. But, I remember when I had my xFired 5870's and using only 1 resulted in a higher score than both in Crossfire! I'm almost positive that Cinebench 11.5 does NOT support Crossfire or SLI :cry:

• 4 weeks later...

Yay its winter time :) Maybe now we can try finish this 2 month old duel :P Hopefully everyones scores can be in so this can be completed by July :)

All the results havent been submited yet so nobody has won yet but are leading atm until all scores are in (because when I submit mine I will trounce everybody in everything exept Cinebench :P )