Duel: GTX 580 SLI (Nyt_Ryda) vs GTX 570 SLI (El_Capitan)

El_Capitan

Thx Merc.

Btw, these GTX 570's are amazing. I know Nyt's overclocked GTX 580's will beat me, but I don't think they'll be too far behind (and to think I paid overall $582 for them; $187 for the Palit, $275 for the MSI, and $120 for the full cover water block... not counting a re-used MCW80 universal water block). I'm just hoping my x8/x8 lanes isn't hindering the performance by much.

Agree'd! 570's are truly beastly! Overclock like champs!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 6 Kill-A-Watt meters. :P

What measurements would you want?

Btw, Paul, you should start a thread for measuring power consumption, much like Nyt did for various CPU temperatures.

Ugh, I get an error in 3D Mark Vantage. I hope it's not because I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers.

Are you sure it's not because you haven't posted one of your 6 kill-a-watt meters on the free to a good home thread and sent it to me :biggrin:

:biggrin: As soon as I close on my new house, and get settled in, I plan on getting one! There have been quite a few threads lately about the draw from the wall, and it really has me interested in what I'm pulling.

:biggrin: As soon as I close on my new house, and get settled in, I plan on getting one! There have been quite a few threads lately about the draw from the wall, and it really has me interested in what I'm pulling.

With all your set-ups, I think you may not want to know. ;)

im not dead! just net limited.. using mobile phone yet again.. moved house so setting it all up.. as far as everything else in my life.. yes im alrite nyt, and i miss u too buddy haha :) crashed my bike at philip island raceway on monday, sporting 2 fractured ribs and muscle damage left side... other than that im ok

bikes not too bad, but found out its far from standard topping out at 296kmh down the main straight.. thats close to world superbike standards lol very very fast machine :) put a hole in my race suit, buckled the titanium armour in my shoulder frmo the impact.. but im good :)

Yay ! Glad to hear you're alive :) I take it you got my message then ?

Dont go too fast or we'll be seeing a RIP Matty post :P Which I hope not ... Then I'd cry :cry:

Nice to see you back ! :)